Adventures in Beer—A Review

2 hours ago, Wet Dog said:

Leigenkugels(sp) Summer Shandy when its hot out. 

KIMG2463.jpg

Hands down, the best beer I've ever had.  I couldn't count how many we've drank the last few weeks in Wisconsin....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snood

• Brad Eden

• Zkight89

• Cooter Brown

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In keeping with the spirit of a recent thread on the wonders of Spam, and especially the postings of the delightful and tempting concoctions in the “Cocktails” thread started by His Honor Judge Scar H

If I have to pay for it - Guiness.   If it's free - almost any beer, but I have run across a few microbrews where the "brewmaster" should be hung for the treason of ruining beer.  The worst

I like German style dunkel beers. Bocks, Oktoberfests, etc. Right now I have some Penn Dark by the Penn Brewing Co. I can’t stand IPAs! I just don’t get these new trendy brewpubs that brew 5 different

Posted Images

Corona, the beer kind...with Lime when it’s wicked hot out. 

1 hour ago, Zkight89 said:

KIMG2463.jpg

Hands down, the best beer I've ever had.  I couldn't count how many we've drank the last few weeks in Wisconsin....

Good stuff!  Have you tried mixing any of them?  Think my favorite now is mix half grapefruit shandy with half berry weiss.   

I like German style dunkel beers. Bocks, Oktoberfests, etc. Right now I have some Penn Dark by the Penn Brewing Co. I can’t stand IPAs! I just don’t get these new trendy brewpubs that brew 5 different hoppy bears and IPAs and maybe 1fruit flavored wheat and ignoring customers that might want a nice malty lager!

Edited by GuyO

I really enjoy the current micro brewery boom. Nothing crazy like sours or bourbon barrel 15% stuff, but the variety is incredible if you're into all of that. In a new area I'll usually try a few samples of a local brewer and there are generally one or two that suit me. When the cold weather hits, as GuyO mentions above I like the malty lagers, which most small brewers don't make.

30 minutes ago, Wirehair said:

Good stuff!  Have you tried mixing any of them?  Think my favorite now is mix half grapefruit shandy with half berry weiss.   As a side note they just had on the news that Leinies is dropping the indian head logo next year.

Unbelieveable

It's Texas, it's hotter than hell right now - nothing beats a cold lager or pilsner during the dawg daze.  

Guy O, I'm with you, string the letters I-P-A together on a label and no way.  Worst part is that all the local brew pubs have 10 different IPA themes to one lager, ale or stout.  I blame millennial's who liked Sour Patch Kids growing up - their taste buds were ruined at a young age and now they're brew pub regulars.

49 minutes ago, Wirehair said:

Good stuff!  Have you tried mixing any of them?  Think my favorite now is mix half grapefruit shandy with half berry weiss.   As a side note they just had on the news that Leinies is dropping the indian head logo next year.

I've got a variety left to try. Couldn't find any of the other Shandy types last trip. Fortunately headed back next week!

For sake of our fearless leaders sanity, I'll abstain from commenting on the Indian Head issue.... 

Bird_Man_mike

Sippin-Pretty-Hero.png

For a different experience.  It is like drinking juice - tart but refreshing juice with really interesting flavors.  

1 hour ago, Zkight89 said:

KIMG2463.jpg

I hate that stuff taste like bad lemonade 

58 minutes ago, Zkight89 said:

I've got a variety left to try. Couldn't find any of the other Shandy types last trip. Fortunately headed back next week!

For sake of our fearless leaders sanity, I'll abstain from commenting on the Indian Head issue.... 

Oh crud didn't mean to start anything so I went back and edited it out.

1 minute ago, Wirehair said:

Oh crud didn't mean to start anything so I went back and edited it out.

As long as what's in the bottle stays the same, I could care less about the label! 

I like the big hazy NE IPAs, and between my trip to Vermont in May and NH in October I stocked up on a ton of them last year.  We actually have a couple very good ones in Richmond, the brewer for the Veil brewing company worked at the Alchemist in Vermont so that's all they do for IPAs.  Big stanky gobs of hops, I love them.  I put some adirondack chairs under the big gum trees in my backyard and will drink a couple to unwind...nothing better for winding down.  

After being a beer lover of the highest degree, I was body slammed about 3 months ago when I was told I had Celiac's.   There are very few beers that work.  The best by far is Gluttenburg Red Ale which is a tad pricey at 10.99 for 4 each 16 oz beers and only in can's to boot.   There are a few other beers out there that have had Gluten removed, but that doesn't work for someone who truly has Celiac's disease.  Yep, and entire life style change for me.   Gone are the days when I hit the local bar and grabbed whatever great full bodied beer they had on draft.  I truly will miss Sam Adams Octoberfest, which was my fave while hunting in the fall.