Age and Size Question...

So Bella at 8 months is 44 pounds...I think she’s going to be on the smaller side, others say she’s a big girl already...😄

I’m thinking 60-62# full grown, at least what I was hoping for...Any ideas?!?  I know her lil neck doesn’t fit the TT15, might should have went with Mini...Lol

5BDA17E7-5C02-4343-B556-5EA48579258E.jpeg

40% of adult weight at 4 months is a guideline I find fairly close. 8-9 months I figure they're close to full height then fill out from there and add some weight

52 is my guess.  FWIW I prefer smaller dogs in a given hunting breed.  More durable, longer lived, superior heat tolerance.

Ray Gubernat

At 8 mos. she is juat about as tall and long as she is going to get, i think.  Maybe an inch taller.  As far as weight, she might well widen out in the chest area, but not as much as a male might.  

My guess comes in at about an even 50#=,.

RayG

shoot-straight

OK- Bodhi is 52# at about 7 mos. i was hoping for a 65# dog. I think im gonna get it? 

Some pudles from this repeat breeding have been in the 70-75# range. 

bodhi 7 mos.jpeg

On 8/9/2020 at 4:58 PM, SxSetter said:

40% of adult weight at 4 months is a guideline I find fairly close.

The old 50% at 4 months formula has been surprisingly accurate with those of mine I had the presence of mind to pay attention to.  (And even more surprisingly true to another old quesstimation, their 10 week proportions have seemed pretty much theirs as adults.)

Not sayin' "bet granny's ponytail on it".  Just sayin'...