• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tut

• Cooter Brown

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tut, from that screen on the watch if you push the "GPS" button (at 2 o'clock on the watch bezel) and release it quickly you'll get the big numbers.  Each button has two functions within each screen o

Barrett is on point or taking a dump or eating something gross.

After getting this last Christmas, I finally dug it out this week.  Rather amazing, because the instructions are trash, I was able to somehow figure out how to pair it with my Pro 550 Plus.  Did a ful

Posted Images

On 9/16/2020 at 8:29 AM, Diver said:

I see there are several models of the Instinct. Do all the models work with the alpha?

Yep

shoot-straight

Well. Now i have another purchase to make. I recently got the 550+ to train and keep tabs on my new pudlepointer. I was wondering how i was going to manage the controller in the field. Now I can put the controller in my vest for safe keeping and keep tabs on the dog. 

3 minutes ago, grouse28 said:

Barrett is on point or taking a dump or eating something gross.

Or doing all 3 things at the same time.  Some dogs can flat out multitask. 

I LOVE my Garmin watch. I personally got the viveoactive because it looks more like a watch and would fit with business attire in a way the instinct will not. There are multiple dog tracker widgits that work with most garmin watches. Also the viveoactive was only about $100 which was a bonus for me. I highly recommend getting one of the garmin models. 

I got mine after the season last year so while I had it on during training and runs many times my first time wearing it in the woods actually hunting was this weekend. I cant imagine not having one now. 

Side note, the sleep tracking, heart rate tracking, and stress tracking has also been really good for me. It alerting me when I am getting stressed based on the heart rate variability indicates I am stressed lets me know to chill out and take a few deep breaths, my average stress level is down by about half. The sleep tracking has helped me zero in on factors that helped or hurt my sleep. 

My wife has had samsung and fitbit watches that are better for things like texting but otherwise similar but missing the garmin connection. 

I do like the heart rate monitor.  Sometimes when I look down when walking up a hill quickly I see it get up to the mid 140's and decide to drop down to a lower gear.  

1 hour ago, DD Huntress said:

I'm liking this a lot.

20200927_110714.jpg

20200927_123049.jpg

I tend to get a bit cranky-old-mannish about too much technology but if a dog chewed up my Instinct tonight I'd order a new one tomorrow.

Pressing and quickly releasing the "GPS" button at 10 o'clock on the watch bezel switches to big numbers.

1 hour ago, Cooter Brown said:

I tend to get a bit cranky-old-mannish about too much technology but if a dog chewed up my Instinct tonight I'd order a new one tomorrow.

Pressing and quickly releasing the "GPS" button at 10 o'clock on the watch bezel switches to big numbers.

Thanks for the info. I'm one of those weird people in their late 50's almost 60's who don't need glasses for reading. I might need to know how to do that in a few years but by that time I'll probably forget how to buckle it 🤣

9 hours ago, DD Huntress said:

Thanks for the info. I'm one of those weird people in their late 50's almost 60's who don't need glasses for reading. I might need to know how to do that in a few years but by that time I'll probably forget how to buckle it 🤣

That's a blessing.  I didn't start wearing readers until I was in my late 40s, and I'll never get used to fussing with the delicate, silly little things.  But I can't function without them.

shoot-straight
On 9/28/2020 at 5:49 PM, DD Huntress said:

I'm liking this a lot.

20200927_110714.jpg

20200927_123049.jpg

Got my instinct- paired it with my 550plus. It works! How do you change dog name and when the dog goes on point, the watch does not tell my so- it shows an icon of a dog sitting. Different than what others have shown.