Garmin Instinct and Pro 550 Plus

12 hours ago, shoot-straight said:

Got my instinct- paired it with my 550plus. It works! How do you change dog name and when the dog goes on point, the watch does not tell my so- it shows an icon of a dog sitting. Different than what others have shown.

I have an alpha. I'm not sure if things are the same. The dog names shown are whatever names you have entered on your 550. For example if all collars are on and of course your 550 is set to broadcast, all dog names should show on your instinct. You change the names on your 550 not the instinct.

Please refer to Cooter Brown. He knows what he is talking about.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tut

• Cooter Brown

• Virgil Kane

• Dogwood

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tut, from that screen on the watch if you push the "GPS" button (at 2 o'clock on the watch bezel) and release it quickly you'll get the big numbers.  Each button has two functions within each screen o

Barrett is on point or taking a dump or eating something gross.

After getting this last Christmas, I finally dug it out this week.  Rather amazing, because the instructions are trash, I was able to somehow figure out how to pair it with my Pro 550 Plus.  Did a ful

Posted Images

On 9/28/2020 at 7:33 PM, Cooter Brown said:

I tend to get a bit cranky-old-mannish about too much technology but if a dog chewed up my Instinct tonight I'd order a new one tomorrow.

Pressing and quickly releasing the "GPS" button at 10 o'clock on the watch bezel switches to big numbers.

I have tried the pressing and releasing the GPS button on my Instinct and it goes to another screen?  The Screen says Settings on the top and then Mode Single View and then a black line across the watch and below that Dog Alerts?

Cooter Brown
46 minutes ago, tut said:

I have tried the pressing and releasing the GPS button on my Instinct and it goes to another screen?  The Screen says Settings on the top and then Mode Single View and then a black line across the watch and below that Dog Alerts?

That's the screen I get when I push and release the GPS button when it's already in large number mode.

19 minutes ago, Cooter Brown said:

That's the screen I get when I push and release the GPS button when it's already in large number mode.

Got it.  Guess mine is already in large number mode then.