Muzzle to carry in vest

What do you guys carry for a muzzle in your dog first aid kit?  Preferably one that folds up and sits in your vest. There seems to be a million to choose from and i want to get the right one the first time. 

I use a stout, old, soft, broad shoelace, but a small roll of 2" gauze would be easy to carry.  Make a loop and half knot, put it over the dog's muzzle with the knot on top of the snout, and snug it pretty tightly.   Lower the two ends and cross them under the snout.  Put the ends back behind and below the dog's  ears and tie a big bow.  Keep the dog's front feet away from the muzzle.  Cheap, easy and it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Good field expedient, but what store bought brand is recommended?  If your dog is bitey, a store bought brand instead of a make do might save your homeowners insurance company some bucks...SelbyLowndes

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 9:03 PM, marysburg said:

I use a stout, old, soft, broad shoelace, but a small roll of 2" gauze would be easy to carry.  Make a loop and half knot, put it over the dog's muzzle with the knot on top of the snout, and snug it pretty tightly.   Lower the two ends and cross them under the snout.  Put the ends back behind and below the dog's  ears and tie a big bow.  Keep the dog's front feet away from the muzzle.  Cheap, easy and it works.

When I was 14 and 15 I worked for a veterinarian. Most dogs that he saw were treated without a muzzle but occasionally when one would act aggressively he would muzzle it.

Over two years I probably saw him muzzle 30 or 40 dogs.  All with a piece of cord using the technique described above. it works.

I worked for our local vet for 6 years, and that's where I learned how to make a quick and easy muzzle for dogs.  Even the nicest pet will try to defend itself if it is injured, in pain and feels threatened.

In a pinch duct tape would work, but I have a couple of mesh muzzles I will put pics up tonight.