REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Swampy 16

YOKOHAMA Geolandar A/T G015 or Falken Wild Peak Trail?

Swampy 16

I’ve heard good on both of these tires. Hoping for some more insight.

Mike da Carpenter

I have the Geolanders on my 2014 Silverado.  I have no complaints about them.  I’ve put close to 25,000 on them the past 2 years and I could probably get another year out of them, but I’m wanting to go with a set of BFG KO2’s.  My weekend employer has me driving through some pretty sloppy stuff on a regular basis and while these Yokohama tires have been good, I’m thinking there is better out there for my needs.

Like I said, I cannot say anything bad about them, I’m just going with a more aggressive tire next time.

Swampy 16

For a truck I’d buy nothing other than the BFG’s. I can’t get them for my Cherokee unfortunately.

gaberdeen

Have the Wildpeaks on my Ram 1500. Used to run the BFG’s previously on my other Ram. I like the Wildpeaks better for my usage. Seems a bit quieter and better MPG’s.

PaFlyfisher

I just got the Geolander AT G015 on a forester and also considered the Falkens. I think the Geolanders are the perfect tire for people who spend most time on the road but want and need a little more off road and snow performance. They ride like a highway tire and are no louder than the highway oriented OEM geolanders they replaced. Fuel economy seems to be the same as well. I haven't had them off road yet. So far, they seem perfect for my needs and I would not hesitate to buy them again.

Dogwood

I have the Geo's on my Subie Outback here in snowy N Michigan.  In the winter damn near as good as dedicated snow and ice tires.  Quiet.  Excellent.

UplandHntr

Hercules Tera Trac II A/T’s. I have LT’s not P’s on my Suburban and love them. Very good wear so far, quiet with great lugs and traction. 

SPMN

What kind of rating are you looking at? I've had the Falken's in "P" on my 4Runner for the last 25,000 miles. Absolutely loved them right away. The "P" have a slightly softer compound that made them incredible on the road, especially in the rain for the first 10-15k miles. That seems to have mostly worn off and they've become a bit louder. Nothing too bad, but they're not as incredible as they were right away. They are great for the "off-roading" I do, which is forest roads, logging roads, etc. I will likely buy them again - maybe in a harder compound for my next set. 

Swampy 16

I went with the Yokohama‘s. Ive only had them a couple days and am in the middle of a big road trip. These tires are better in every way than the factory Continentals. There’s zero noise and they ride better. No difference in cornering. I’m very impressed at how much more comfortable they are. I would never have expected that in a million years from an A/T tire.

grouse28

I have the Wild Peaks, they are wearing well, quiet and would buy them again.

Ive had several brands and like these the best.

PaFlyfisher
On 9/24/2020 at 6:18 AM, Swampy 16 said:

I went with the Yokohama‘s. Ive only had them a couple days and am in the middle of a big road trip. These tires are better in every way than the factory Continentals. There’s zero noise and they ride better. No difference in cornering. I’m very impressed at how much more comfortable they are. I would never have expected that in a million years from an A/T tire.

This has been my experience exactly. They are better in every way in the city and highway from the OEMs and yet they are an A/T. 

Swampy 16
2 hours ago, PaFlyfisher said:

This has been my experience exactly. They are better in every way in the city and highway from the OEMs and yet they are an A/T. 

I spent 4 days on gravel/dirt roads and these tire are very impressive. I did a brake check to see how they’d stop in those conditions and they’re just very impressive. I got in some deep sand (Like a foot or deeper) and they blew right through it.