Dogs and Ringworm.....

Just a little public service announcement....

About 3 weeks ago my wife brought home 2 kittens for for my two boys to play with. Not a big deal a couple of outside cats I don't have a problem with. One of them looked a little rough from the get go but then started loosing a little hair. About a week in my wife, 5 year old, and 2 year old all had ring worm. It took me about another 3 or 4 days to put it all together that it came from the cat that was now losing more hair. Now the kids are a little too attached to the cat for it to just disappear... I got a antifungal spray which seems to be working.

We did the Dr. on demand App and she said just get an over the counter at Walgreens called Ringworm cream, which worked great on humans.

At the same time the family got it my dog got what I thought was scratches on her face, she has a supreme hatred towards ground squirrels and sometimes does some pretty stupid things in her attempts to catch them.

Well then she lost a couple patches of hair on her side and again I put it all together and now she has it.

To make a long story short after a vet trip I ended up with a shampoo, a oral drug and a special ointment because she has a spot next to her eye and a $200 bill hopefully it clears up in a month.

What I have learned from this, If you have a cat that doesn't look real healthy get rid of it early or treat it before it spreads.

Westksbowhunter

Domestic cats kill 1.3–4.0 billion birds and 6.3–22.3 billion mammals annually.   Think of all the live traps you could buy for $200.

I am 100% with you and I wouldn't be able to count all the cats that I have sent to their home in the sky but I don't mind having at most two around to eat mice.