REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Hal Standish

A Lesson On Speed Control

Hal Standish

10 days ago the water temps in SW Mich were in the low 80's, Those temps have dropped 12 degrees Since Sept 2nd... and the fish made some heavy adjustments to their environment. During that time finding where they were at was becoming tougher and inconsistent. Not finding fish is not fun! so I adjusted changed presentation to a slower type Crank bait on the Troll and the TRD bait on the Cast. Sun Mon Tues Wed nine fish in total for four mornings all hooked in 17-22 fow.
Thur Frid Sat, 27 Fish hooked 25-30 fow. Those cooling temps moved the fish out to sanctuary depths and slowed the fish down. Went it cools slow down and be more controlled in the presentation.

Hal

Hal Standish

Cold fronts moving thru are making the Fish go sleep slow down even for the toothy. 24-30 fow on very deep structure.

Both fish taken deep and slow, on the Cast or Troll.

Will visit Musky waters today to find out what speed ESOX will lift their heads up and take.

As for Grouse and WC they can wait till the Leaf Drop. 

Hal

Hal Standish

As I mentioned yesterday I was going ESOX hunting today. Well he stuck his head up and bang almost knocked my cigar out of my mouth. Straining the shallows with a big Bucktail produce this 35-38 incher at about 9:30 9 fow going a bit slower than last month. Instead of 4.5mph was doing 3.2 mph. Made a nice safe release. The fish that are in our lakes are making adjustments so i making adjustments as well.

Hal