On the hunt...for a rescue or started dog...

Starting to look for a young rescue or started bird dog, no puppies (New England, CT area).  Any leads appreciated.  Preference towards pointing dogs: Brittany, Setter, something longer coated than a Pointer, but would

certainly consider an English Pointer, GSP, etc.  Also would consider a flusher, especially of the Cocker variety.  But honestly open to any bird dog.

Wife says no puppies.  Don’t want to be too far into adulthood either.

Debated another dog when my Brittany was getting in his ‘teens, but felt it wouldn’t be fair to him or the new dog.  Had to put my dog down 2 weeks ago, and we, as a family have a had big hole in our lives since then.  And I miss having a hunting buddy even though it’s been a few years since I hunted my Brittany.

Wife is hitting the local shelter with the kids this coming weekend...and not many bird dogs in CT shelters 😉

Any leads are greatly appreciated!  Thanks! Ben

Contact one of the guys who trial on the board (Craig Doherty) comes to mind.  Sometimes people are ready to move on from a dog knowing the dog will end up in the right situation but the dog is not "for sale".  I would not expect a quick response though as the cover dogs are running championships in NH right now.  

Quail hollow kennels in New Jersey has been advertising started brittanies in our local sportsman. 1800-3600. Great guy and dogs. 

You will find any rescue in 30 seconds, one that can hunt can take 30 days.  Started dog would be faster.  Its hunting season so selection will be limited.  Good look. Love my started Pointer 

I have rescued two britts from American Brittany Rescue and seven setters from Above and Beyond English Setter Rescue, they all hunted well still have four setters the others have passed. Two of the four I rescued two years ago and they are great on the quail we have here in Florida the others I hunted mostly Montana with, all have been great dogs.

I currently have a 2 1/2 yr old French Britt male (neutered) i got from American Brittany rescue. Dex (Dexter) has the highest prey drive I've ever seen in a pointing dog. He came from Ok.

and this little black and white dude is going to be a big challenge. I'm not sure as of now, how he's going to do out in the Great Lakes region on Grouse. If a guy likes a long ranging dog

this 38 pound horizon buster may be your Dream Come True. Obedience and Cooperation has a remarkable tendency to go out the window fast freight in the presence of game with Dexter.

Not really what I was looking for, particularly at this point in my life but what the Hell, The Glory is in the Struggle!.