REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Zkight89

Herter's Steel Shotshells?

Zkight89

Anyone shooting them? Or know who makes them now-a-days?  I like the case prices and they seem plenty available. 

Rick Hall

Google says " Cheddite of Italy".

Zkight89
30 minutes ago, Rick Hall said:

Google says " Cheddite of Italy".

That's what I came up with also. However most of the information I read was before the Bass Pro takeover. I remember they threatened to discontinue Herter's shells and clearanced them out.  A better worded question may have been " Has Herter's changed since the takeover?" 

At $10 a box, it really isn't much of a gamble to just give them a shot. 

Mike da Carpenter

My thoughts are that any commercially available ammunition is going to be held to a high standard as there is way to much to lose (on more ways than one) by putting out a bad product.

Buy a box, if it patterns well, you then have an affordable option.

Zkight89
Just now, Mike da Carpenter said:

My thoughts are that any commercially available ammunition is going to be held to a high standard as there is way to much to lose (on more ways than one) by putting out a bad product.

Buy a box, if it patterns well, you then have an affordable option.

Since the Hevi- Shot offering I used last year went up $3 a box this year. I'm certainly looking around at more affordable options.  Lord help me when all these boys get big enough to shoot and I'm feeding five guns... 

Mike da Carpenter
42 minutes ago, Zkight89 said:

Since the Hevi- Shot offering I used last year went up $3 a box this year. I'm certainly looking around at more affordable options.  Lord help me when all these boys get big enough to shoot and I'm feeding five guns... 

You and I are similar in that we keep our boys in the woods and on the water.  A couple boxes of shells each (even if it’s weekly) is a whole lot cheaper than the police showing up at the front door.

Zkight89
16 minutes ago, Mike da Carpenter said:

You and I are similar in that we keep our boys in the woods and on the water.  A couple boxes of shells each (even if it’s weekly) is a whole lot cheaper than the police showing up at the front door.

Hell I'll buy em a case a week if that's what it takes! 

Rick Hall
5 hours ago, Zkight89 said:

Rio is your friendo.