REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
WPG Gizmo

Has Garmin been hacked again

WPG Gizmo

I tried opening Express worked fine on Sunday nothing yesterday and today when I try to sign into Gramin I get a Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (www.garmin.com) has banned your IP address (75.68.27.xxx).

dogrunner

I just updated my Alpha tonight everything seemed fine. 

WPG Gizmo

Have to try it on another computer

Tried it on my laptop no luck same message wonder what this is all about

Jazz4Brazo

No issues here...

RDG
1 hour ago, WPG Gizmo said:

I tried opening Express worked fine on Sunday nothing yesterday and today when I try to sign into Gramin I get a Access denied

Seems to be an issue with your IP address. 

Try a device that’s not attached to your home network. Ie a cell phone with the WiFi turned off. 

WPG Gizmo

I cannot even access that link I will give them a call later today

Brad Eden

If my whistle went down I’d be pretty stressed out. I don’t know how you dog electronics folks do it. I have a hard enough time updating the OS on my iPhone.😉

Cooter Brown
8 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

If my whistle went down I’d be pretty stressed out.

That's actually kinda funny.

Mine's gotten clogged with junk before!

Out of curiosity I plugged in the Instinct--no problem, updating now.  It recognized it and connected right up.

My biggest problem with Garmin is that you can't update TT15 collars on a Mac.  And I have a Mac.

WPG Gizmo

Not so much the dog electronics I updated them all about a month ago but I do use the Instinct watch to monitor my sleep patterns, heart rate and number of steps for my asthma if I cant upload the info from my watch to my computer I am not getting a complete picture of what is going on for the Doc.

Cooter Brown

I just used Garmin Webupdater to update the Alpha.  I forget if I've used Express to update the Alpha before, but Web updater worked fine.

Let us know what Garmin says.

Cold Iron

I just used Express last night to update my Garmin InReach mini and reactive it under the Freedom plan. No problems.

There was a notice that there was an issue with AT&T users and sending locations but I don't have AT&T so didn't read the complete outage notice. By chance you don't have AT&T as your internet service provider do you?

Cooter Brown
13 minutes ago, Cold Iron said:

I just used Express last night to update my Garmin InReach mini and reactive it under the Freedom plan. No problems.

There was a notice that there was an issue with AT&T users and sending locations but I don't have AT&T so didn't read the complete outage notice. By chance you don't have AT&T as your internet service provider do you?

I have ATT and it seems to work OK.

WPG Gizmo

No I have Comcast everything works fine except I am banned from the Garmin website completely.  I just got off the phone with Garmin support they have no clue what is happening and I am not the only one that has been banned it seems as they have a open case on it.  Support sent me a direct link to Express and it came back as banned which was a surprise to them.  Funny thing is that the Connect APP on my phone works and my Instinct updates current info but if I try to use the phone to open the Garmin website nothing same error message I get on the Computers

They have my info and will contact me when they have solution.

Virgil Kane

Wow, don't know what to say but I just updated my Alpha a minute ago with Garmin Express and I also have Comcast.

Virgil