REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
WPG Gizmo

Has Garmin been hacked again

WPG Gizmo

On Monday when it started I went to go into Express and it said that the servers were down so I could not connect no big deal but when I went to activate my Inreach that is when I found out that I was banned.  The guy I spoke with didnt say how many others are affected but it was enough that they opened a case on it and I would expect that there are many others that just have not opened express lately.

WPG Gizmo

So I just came back from picking up new glasses while in the shop I logged into Garmin off my phone with no problem still cannot do it at home

Cooter Brown

I think something weird is happening.  The instinct showed up and I was able to use Express to update, but neither the handheld nor the TT15 Mini showed up on Express and I had to use WebUpdater for them.  Express worked fine for the Instinct and I'm pretty sure I've used Express in the past for the handheld.

This hacking Sh** (even if it's not what caused this) needs to be punishable by death.

brushbuster

I thought i read back in August that Garmin was hacked by the "Evil Corp" group with the wasted virus and Garmin ended up paying to get access back to their data.

I wonder if they hit them again or perhaps left a viral time bomb in their systems so they can get more money from them? 

RDG
5 hours ago, WPG Gizmo said:

No I have Comcast everything works fine except I am banned from the Garmin website completely.  I just got off the phone with Garmin support they have no clue what is happening and I am not the only one that has been banned it seems as they have a open case on it.  Support sent me a direct link to Express and it came back as banned which was a surprise to them.  Funny thing is that the Connect APP on my phone works and my Instinct updates current info but if I try to use the phone to open the Garmin website nothing same error message I get on the Computers

They have my info and will contact me when they have solution.

Does the Connect App just use bluetooth to talk to the watch?

were you on wifi when you tried to login to your Garmin website on your phone?

WPG Gizmo

Yes on Bluetooth

Yes on Wifi but I have wifi at home for the phone also and it will not connect here the only computer that is hard wired is mine all the others are on wifi.

I just tried and if I take the phone off wifi and use just 4G it will connect at home.

WPG Gizmo
3 hours ago, brushbuster said:

I thought i read back in August that Garmin was hacked by the "Evil Corp" group with the wasted virus and Garmin ended up paying to get access back to their data.

I wonder if they hit them again or perhaps left a viral time bomb in their systems so they can get more money from them? 

same thing I was wondering as they look at all my info and could see no reason why my IP was blocked

RDG
1 hour ago, WPG Gizmo said:

Yes on Bluetooth

Yes on Wifi but I have wifi at home for the phone also and it will not connect here the only computer that is hard wired is mine all the others are on wifi.

I just tried and if I take the phone off wifi and use just 4G it will connect at home.

You could use your phone as a hotspot for your computer in the meantime. That should get you into a Garmin express. 

you could also call Comcast and ask why your router/modems IP address is being blocked. Not sure But they mightbe able  to change its IP address. 

Also try this website.  I know it looks a little Werid but it works. 
it’ll let you know if your IP address is being bocked by a major a anti-spam

database. 
https://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

Cooter Brown
1 hour ago, WPG Gizmo said:

same thing I was wondering as they look at all my info and could see no reason why my IP was blocked

Obviously you're the hacker!!!

WPG Gizmo

Well Garmin is back online dont know what the reason was or why I uploaded a saved version of Express and everything worked again was able to access the website with no problem so now good to go.