You guys ever seen this on your dog ?

Had Bräts our last Thursday evening, and also again today. He has his lymes shot and is on brevecta. I pulled one tick off him that was not attached and we had plenty of comb trough and showers the minute he gets home.

my wofe noticed this today.

from all my internet searches ( I’m an idiot) it looks like a black fly bite , you guys have your guesses ? 

2DFED1F7-790F-4461-97EE-253D602E528A.jpeg

My pup gets them occasionally.  A little triple antibiotic cream clears them up by the next day.  No clue what they are, lol.

1 minute ago, MLDraht said:

My pup gets them occasionally.  A little triple antibiotic cream clears them up by the next day.  No clue what they are, lol.

Thank you 

Yes, my dogs get them a lot in PA; not here in MT.  They are not tick bites, but I don’t know what kind of bite they are.  The marks go away in a day or two and don’t seem to cause any harm, so I don’t worry about them.

Looks ringwormy but I don't quite remember if Rowdy's looked exactly like that when he had ringworm as a puppy.

It's neither the tick bite bullseye or ringworm. As was mentioned it's a fly bite, little antibiotic ointment and all good.

6 hours ago, shoot-straight said:

tickbite? looks kinda like the "bullseye"?

Yeah,  but  it’s it doesn’t 

1 hour ago, Greg Hartman said:

Yes, my dogs get them a lot in PA; not here in MT.  They are not tick bites, but I don’t know what kind of bite they are.  The marks go away in a day or two and don’t seem to cause any harm, so I don’t worry about them.

I be even informed from multiple people they are black fly  bites ?

I have seen them and I think they are fly bites too. I never had to treat them with anything and they disappear in a few days.

When I hunted in Marinette County in the early seasons of the past couple years, my French Brittany would get several of those exact spots on his belly. I always assumed they were fly bites. 

8 hours ago, Thinblueline said:

When I hunted in Marinette County in the early seasons of the past couple years, my French Brittany would get several of those exact spots on his belly. I always assumed they were fly bites. 

Oddly enough I was one county away