what's in a brush pant?

ptwysocki

4 hours ago, ScenicRoute said:

Ordered it last week of Beretta’s website.  It was 50% off.  And then if you spent over $175 they gave you another $50 off including sales items. Kinda hard to say no at that price!   

I have the Breakaway which is very similar and love it. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swampy 16

• chilly460

• ScenicRoute

• Dave Erickson

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really like Dan upland bibs. They also make pants. the bibs are great for me as they can be worn alone over shorts when hot, or over jeans if its cold or really nasty briars. Also easy to take on an

My wife just bought these for Christmas for me. Briar proof right up to the belt.  She ordered them in early December. They confirmed availability and gave a shipping date. Christmas week she hadn’t

I don't like heavy brush pants so I just wear regular pants and stop at a hospital for a blood transfusion on the way home each day.

Posted Images

I have LL Bean uplander pro.  Stretch fit is great for my big butt.  Supremely comfortable.  Faced part does well with thorns.  Family jewels however are not terribly well protected.  

Overall I’m very happy with them.  

I grew up bird and rabbit hunting wearing two pairs of bluejeans.  Inner layer was soft and tight 'old jeans'; top layer my new Levi pants that would pull over the outgrown pair.  I always liked the old Stafford's canvas fronted  twill pants for looks, but they never lasted long...SelbyLowndes

21 hours ago, ScenicRoute said:

Ordered it last week of Beretta’s website.  It was 50% off.  And then if you spent over $175 they gave you another $50 off including sales items. Kinda hard to say no at that price!   

Looks like they are sold out of the Thornproof jacket, it's not listed on their website.

Mike Connally

My wife just bought these for Christmas for me. Briar proof right up to the belt. 
She ordered them in early December. They confirmed availability and gave a shipping date. Christmas week she hadn’t received them and called. They admitted they made a mistake and   were out of stock and would have to back order. 
Dan, the owner called her back. He had his supplier make a pair on a special run and overnighted the pants to her. 
Good people. 
I wore the pants today in nasty briars and they just might be the best briar pants I have ever owned. 
Kudos to Ol’ Dan. 

CAC8F8A2-9494-4692-B70E-7305019D5AD4.png

1 hour ago, sidelock said:

Looks like they are sold out of the Thornproof jacket, it's not listed on their website.

It’s this one.   https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-thorn-resistant-jacket-gtx-/ Thorn resistant I guess they call it.  The pants have passed.  We have that nasty flora rose stuff or whatever it’s called that I just learned the name of recently.  And the pants turn those no problem.  

13 hours ago, ScenicRoute said:

It’s this one.   https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-thorn-resistant-jacket-gtx-/ Thorn resistant I guess they call it.  The pants have passed.  We have that nasty flora rose stuff or whatever it’s called that I just learned the name of recently.  And the pants turn those no problem.  

Yeah I saw the Thorn Resistant jacket  but unfortunately although its a good price, it's not waterproof. You inadvertantly stated Thorn Proof in your original post and I thought it was the one marked down to half price.

On 12/10/2020 at 6:46 PM, Dave Erickson said:

I really like my Orvis Softshell Pants. 

I do too if it is below 40°. They are great for cutting fire wood, snow doesn't stick to them and the inner snap cuff keeps my socks dry. 

After reading this out loud this sounds like I do not like them as brush pants, that is not the case. Nice brush pants for the Great lakes grouse chaser. 

13 minutes ago, sidelock said:

Yeah I saw the Thorn Resistant jacket  but unfortunately although its a good price, it's not waterproof. You inadvertantly stated Thorn Proof in your original post and I thought it was the one marked down to half price.

It’s definitely waterproof.   Same as the thorn resistant pants.  Have worn them both in snow and rain and I was bone dry.  Couldn’t say the same for my buddy. 

D29086AA-E480-4F97-8F5D-0DD044901118.jpeg

4216C862-1C55-4FF6-B616-6B145EF6A032.jpeg

Dave Erickson
4 hours ago, ScottGrush said:

I do too if it is below 40°. They are great for cutting fire wood, snow doesn't stick to them and the inner snap cuff keeps my socks dry. 

I've been loving mine for late season pheasant hunting. I had low 20's yesterday in Iowa with a little wind and for the first time I wore some tech-weight silk Cabela's underneath and they were perfect. Most comfortable upland pants I've ever worn.  

1 minute ago, Dave Erickson said:

I've been loving mine for late season pheasant hunting. I had low 20's yesterday in Iowa with a little wind and for the first time I wore some tech-weight silk Cabela's underneath they were perfect. Most comfortable upland pants I've ever worn.  

Funny I saw your your post from October and I wore the Pyke Kiowa pant almost exclusively this year, great pants! Especially when it is hot out. I do like the Orvis softshell also and may have exxagerated my temperature range use on them but they are great in typical late October/November/December temps. 

19 minutes ago, ScenicRoute said:

It’s definitely waterproof.   Same as the thorn resistant pants.  Have worn them both in snow and rain and I was bone dry.  Couldn’t say the same for my buddy. 

D29086AA-E480-4F97-8F5D-0DD044901118.jpeg

4216C862-1C55-4FF6-B616-6B145EF6A032.jpeg

Yeah I see that now.