• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max2

• Mike da Carpenter

• mccuha

• Cold Iron

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG yes, once you've experience the sick feeling of a missing "family member" its an easy decision.

Yes.  Astro 430 and T5 mini collars in conjunction with a Garmin instinct watch....a MUST have.  The watch is the game changer, it makes the whole package so much more less intrusive into th

yep , I ordered a 550 pro plus from front range gun dog supply. Got it Friday had it on the dogs Saturday morning I can't see ever going back

yep , I ordered a 550 pro plus from front range gun dog supply. Got it Friday had it on the dogs Saturday morning I can't see ever going back

No, have always run my setter with bell and beeper plus e collar. He is old now, so never hardly have to hit the button.

Next young pup, will be a yes. 

I was quite surprised at all the yes answers. That's why I was trying to do a poll only . Yes or no is all this thread requires as then the rest would be up to the individual. Being hard headed( kinda like Axe)  I thought that a tracker would be the way to go. Before Axe was ready for it I went ahead and purchased a Dogtra pathfinder. Opened and looked at it & thought no - I don't want to watch an antenna flapp'n through the NY woodlands. Sent it back and purchased a basic Dogtra e-collar . Figuring I was able to train two past candidates with just an e-collar and get by .  

Okay now - even the oldest of old school guy I think might cry like a baby if they lost their beloved companion because they did not have a tracking collar  "when"  they are currently available. 

A friend was running his pointer pup the same age as Axe last week in the lower Dak's  when she decided to take a bender in unfamiliar territory. He said if not for the collar there would have been no way to know what the outcome would have been. At times she was up to a mile away and then once got to within 60 yrds. All over a three hour period. Scary I thought. He felt she may have been running the white rabbit. I thought deer but that seems like an aweful long way to pursue a deer I guess.

Who know's ...... His pup knows  & the Alpha 100 never let him down I guess....

Yes. Alpha and flushers. Even in the Twin Tiers of NY and Pa. But I consider it a requirement here. 3 hours is way too long to go play with the wolves, the outcome would seldom be good. I will not put a dog down without one no matter where I am now.

So Im like one of three people not using one? Cmon now...

Id be curious how many of the yes responses are retrievers and flushers. 

Yes. 

Astro 430 and T5 mini collars in conjunction with a Garmin instinct watch....a MUST have. 

The watch is the game changer, it makes the whole package so much more less intrusive into the hunt.