Do you use a tracking collar

32 minutes ago, WhatsDaPoint said:

Just a guess. 
New Alpha

Yikes...$1000... I'll stick with my Dogtra T&B and $10 bell for the time being.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max2

• Mike da Carpenter

• mccuha

• Cold Iron

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG yes, once you've experience the sick feeling of a missing "family member" its an easy decision.

Yes.  Astro 430 and T5 mini collars in conjunction with a Garmin instinct watch....a MUST have.  The watch is the game changer, it makes the whole package so much more less intrusive into th

yep , I ordered a 550 pro plus from front range gun dog supply. Got it Friday had it on the dogs Saturday morning I can't see ever going back

On 9/30/2020 at 9:16 PM, LGannon said:

No but have a Pathfinder on its way for a trip to the UP next week.

Now a yes. Game changer. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2020 at 4:19 PM, WPG Gizmo said:

Always when the dog is out in the woods I never leave home without it Griffs blend into the woods really well with their Grey and Brown coats

Astro 430 2 Collars

Dogtra 2002 T&B

Instinct watch

@WPG Gizmo do you use the Astro at the same time as the Dogtra T&B? I have a WPG puppy and I need an ecollar to train and was thinking about the Dogtra 2700 T&B with a bell and not getting GPS. 

The Dogtra looks good for training - if I go GPS I may go Garmin 550 Pro Plus with bell.

Yes.  I got it at first because I was a first time bird dog owner and really couldn't enjoy myself the first time I took him in the woods, worried he'd run off.  Life was much better once I had it.  Now with another young dog, it's again a nice reassurance.  I was just talking with a guy this weekend who's been out of the game a bit, and he didn't know about them, and it got me to thinking I really don't know how the hell you'd find a dog in THICK cover without one.  I know where they are WITH the tracker and many times I'll be less than 10-15yds before I can spot them.  I can't stand a beeper collar, so glad I don't have to use that option.  

4 hours ago, boltonguy said:

@WPG Gizmo do you use the Astro at the same time as the Dogtra T&B? I have a WPG puppy and I need an ecollar to train and was thinking about the Dogtra 2700 T&B with a bell and not getting GPS. 

The Dogtra looks good for training - if I go GPS I may go Garmin 550 Pro Plus with bell.

Yes I run them together but my Griff is 7 and is used to wearing them she also blends in very well in the grey woods so having the GPS lets me know where she is when I cant see her for a period of time plus it alerts me when she is on point and I cannot hear the beeper