Montana 2020 Elk Season

12 hours ago, RookieEP said:

I never would have thought I’d be jealous of someone who is old enough to be my dad.  Superb!  
Early morning hunt?  Do any calling? What rifle?  

I wish you were 20. 😀

It was late afternoon.  For deer I shoot a .270 but when I got my bull permit last year for the first time I thought I should have something a little bigger.  I bought a Tikka in 7mm Mag.  Nice rifle and nice round.  No calling. 

The elk moved into our area about ten years ago.  FWP has been moving up the number of elk permits pretty regular now.  It was 10 for about five years but now it's up to 80.  Making it easier to get one.  Still a hard draw though.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hobbes

• Big Al

• Lurch

• idcut

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got this guy Thursday afternoon.  150 yards.  He was with ten cows, calves and a smaller bull.  5 x 7, the right side is defective.  I had to watch them come towards me for about 15 minutes before I g

I've been on a few bulls but they've beaten me thoroughly thus far.  I have three excuses, with the last being the most relevant:        My vacation week was hot, dry, and smokey.     

Opening weekend with my son.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

I wish you were 20. 😀

It was late afternoon.  For deer I shoot a .270 but when I got my bull permit last year for the first time I thought I should have something a little bigger.  I bought a Tikka in 7mm Mag.  Nice rifle and nice round.  No calling. 

The elk moved into our area about ten years ago.  FWP has been moving up the number of elk permits pretty regular now.  It was 10 for about five years but now it's up to 80.  Making it easier to get one.  Still a hard draw though.

I've considered buying a Tikka but keep shooting the Remington.  I shoot 7mm RM and would probably stick with that even if I did buy a new rifle