REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
DennisMcFeely

Favorite Fly Fishing magazine?

floodcity

Troutbitten is a great resource.  He uses the monorig a lot which is a different way to fly fish (which works very well). He has very good articles on reading water, etc.  It is a free resource so giving it a look over can't hurt.

floodcity

Troutbitten is an internet resource not a published magazine. Sorry about that. 

Irish Joe

The Drake. 

It has more Doom & Gloom articles in the last year than it needs, but still a decent magazine. Let's hope it gets back to what made it successful in the first place.

hayslope

The Drake is a good magazine......it also seems to be constantly evolving!

casts_by_fly
On 10/7/2020 at 9:27 PM, DennisMcFeely said:

I’m working on that too Mike, good advice. Recently I spent a day of on-stream instruction with Cathy and Barry Beck in PA as well.  

Don’t you live here in northern nj?  If so, let me know.  It’s been a while but I used to teach classes for a fly shop.  I’m still working on learning the water up here but there is a lot of good water nearby. 

rick

DennisMcFeely
1 hour ago, casts_by_fly said:

Don’t you live here in northern nj?  If so, let me know.  

Yes Rick, I live in Sussex County 

casts_by_fly

Cool, you’re in the thick of it for trout with plenty of options all over the county. Message me if you want to go out. Bird season and fall trout overlap a bit  but I’m always up to plan a day.

rick

DennisMcFeely
16 hours ago, casts_by_fly said:

Cool, you’re in the thick of it for trout with plenty of options all over the county. Message me if you want to go out. Bird season and fall trout overlap a bit  but I’m always up to plan a day.

rick

pm sent