Wading Pants

I have the Simms chest high waders, I roll them down to my waist and secure them. Am I missing something re pants vs chest high? I was wondering why others may not do this?

Bloodhound
1 hour ago, Wildcat said:

I have the Simms chest high waders, I roll them down to my waist and secure them. Am I missing something re pants vs chest high? I was wondering why others may not do this?

My chest waders have 3 storage pockets in the chest and they won't roll down and stay and while I use a wading belt...the suspenders do serve the purpose of holding the waders "Up".

Additionally with the pockets and such on chest waders, mine can get pretty warm in the summer....I think pants will do what I need and be cooler and less bulky  

On 1/22/2021 at 2:12 AM, Bloodhound said:

My chest waders have 3 storage pockets in the chest and they won't roll down and stay and while I use a wading belt...the suspenders do serve the purpose of holding the waders "Up".

Additionally with the pockets and such on chest waders, mine can get pretty warm in the summer....I think pants will do what I need and be cooler and less bulky  

Ahh, I see, my Simms are 20+ years old and don't have the pockets and stuff on the front. My buddy's newer Simms have the pockets and hand warmer inserts.

I've been looking for a pair of wading pants or waist waders for a while now with no luck.  The problem is my big feet, seems the wader manufacturers feel that if you happen to have size 15 feet you don't need a pair.  Or they think that if you have big feet you are also a mammoth horse of a person with a 60 inch waist.  I'm 6'4", 210lb., with a 37 inch waist, so out of luck it seems.  I still want a pair however.

Geoff Roznak
8 hours ago, Curt said:

I've been looking for a pair of wading pants or waist waders for a while now with no luck.  The problem is my big feet, seems the wader manufacturers feel that if you happen to have size 15 feet you don't need a pair.  Or they think that if you have big feet you are also a mammoth horse of a person with a 60 inch waist.  I'm 6'4", 210lb., with a 37 inch waist, so out of luck it seems.  I still want a pair however.

I'm "only" a size 13, and have a similar issue.