Big Smallies are NICE

A couple of Pals got into them pretty good a few days ago.

5 of them over 6 pounds, big one was 6# 8oz

Winter is just around the corner and they are putting on the feed bag.

image000000 (31).jpg

image000001 (12).jpg

image000002 (8).jpg

image000002 (9).jpg

Those are some beauties! Looks cold.

My son caught a nice one river fishing last week. Great time of year!20201012_173045.thumb.jpg.8a9fce88f57634791ce347d7a18da6eb.jpg

Smallies, best freshwater fighting fish per pound. Love catching them.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 70°+ here the last couple days...weird, and I'm not sure what it's doing to the fish.

Fishing is great...catching...not so much...

PA Susquehanna River 6 pound 9 oz Smallmouth Bass

I really like smallies. This is my best one ever, caught in the Susquehanna river north of Harrisburg, PA. 6 pounds 9 oz, after one night in my freezer because all the registered scales were closed by the time we got ashore.

Wonder what y'all used as a lure or as bait. I was using a large minnow.  

On 11/7/2020 at 7:55 PM, quailguy said:

Wonder what y'all used as a lure or as bait. I was using a large minnow.  

That's a great Smallmouth.  My son caught the fish in the rain on a big Glide bait and the river fish in a weedless "ned" rig with a bit of skirt on it.

56 minutes ago, SxSetter said:

That's a great Smallmouth.  My son caught the fish in the rain on a big Glide bait and the river fish in a weedless "ned" rig with a bit of skirt on it.

There are lots of really nice smallmouths in this thread. 

The guy at the fishing/bait shop with the registered scales we got the fish to after a night in my freezer said a fish lost 10% of its weight by being frozen. That if true, would put my fish at maybe right around 7 pounds, which is a big smallie for PA. I've no idea how big they get in other places?

2 hours ago, SxSetter said:

I think there are big Smallies, like closing in on 8lbs in Lakes Ontario, Erie and Simcoe.  There was a 5 bass Canadian tournament record weighed in 3 years ago on Simcoe..31.84lb

https://oodmag.com/new-5-bass-tournament-record-set/

NY's record smallies are tied at 8lb. 4 oz., 1 out of Erie, other out the St. Lawrence a few years ago. During a tourney this summer, a Bassmaster angler landed a 7lb. 13oz. smallmouth. My best out of the St. Lawrence was around 6lbs. (1000 Islands).