Fly Fishing the Sheboygan River for King Salmon

Great fish!

I'm thinking Kohler doesn't own the river.  Rivers in Wisconsin are public, unless they're not navigable.  Not trying to be a jerk, but it's one of the best things about Wisconsin.

3 hours ago, aje4 said:

I fished a stretch of the river that is owned by Kohler for Kings last week.  It was a blast....

417E1B70-616C-4781-874B-5B1B03E3B96E.jpeg

Thats a dark boot.  Big one. What flies are you throwing? Im picking some up in the Columbia river pulling plugs in E WA. Smoke up great 

You are correct about the River.  Kohler owns the land for an 8 mile stretch.  If you walk in the river the entire way you could fish it but if you want to access the river from land it is restricted. We were throwing clouser type bead head streamers.  

15 hours ago, Okhotnik said:

Smoke up great 

I lived in Cheboygan Michigan for a couple years in the mid 70s. Don't know of anyone who smoked salmon or ate them at all.

14 hours ago, aje4 said:

You are correct about the River.  Kohler owns the land for an 8 mile stretch.  If you walk in the river the entire way you could fish it but if you want to access the river from land it is restricted. We were throwing clouser type bead head streamers.  

Sounds fun!

I bought a drift boat this season so I can get access to water like that that's herd to get to.

It opens up amazing stretches of water.

• 2 weeks later...