Halloween "Blue Moon", "Hunter's Moon", "Beaver Moon" Photo Challenge

Lets see 'em...it's also a "Micro Moon" being near it's farthest away so gear up! Plan your composition tonight.  Extra credit for another name besides those listed! 😀https://www.livescience.com/halloween-full-blue-moon.html

Triple points for a Mars visual.

No credit for reported alien abductions without two sources of verification.

Scouted out a couple locations and compositions, tested a couple settings.  Might call a complete audible and run down to ranch and try and catch it coming over the high basin shooting from the grain stubble to create some leading lines...or may just drive back across town like I scouted...options. 

Quickie test shots tonight off a monopod...will for sure use weighted tripod and hopefully have remote shutter working.  Gotta be dialed to catch it kissing the horizon cause it moves amazingly fast.

DSC03838.thumb.jpg.67964bc6c9526eb1bc02c33c2db81fe2.jpg

DSC03863.thumb.jpg.e729eb69c4383921550bce187c0c150c.jpg

Had to get it this morning because of clouds. Messed around with the iPhone, best I could do. 

8305BD7F-85B9-454D-8D41-8FEB5B26084F.jpeg

B8FE6EEE-3DEB-4719-8BD4-0452E3962407.jpeg

I shot photos from about 7:15 to 8pm.  Moonrise was supposed to be 6:46 but I am behind a mtn and the moon took forever to break the horizon....I could see it glowing looong before it crested the ridgeline.  Sooo, long answer between 7:15 and 8pm...Dipper looked same to me but it could have been sideways, backwards or not there and I wouldn't know the difference. 🤣

Shooting the moon is a fun camera exercise...makes ya think about what you are trying to capture and how to do it.  I was going for more of a landscape with moon vs just a crisp moon shot.  Also fun to utilize the moonlight at your back to shoot landscapes under a night sky.  Ya, I need a life!! 😂

I've got only excuses.  I missed Saturday's moonrise with everything going on.  But caught last evening's moonrise while returning home from the beach, but only had my phone for a feeble photo attempt.  But still, the color was almost captured.  An orange moon as I've ever seen. 

IMG_20201101_182908221.jpg

Bummer. That is usually the case here but we didn't have single cloud that whole day...not sure if we've had any since either.  It has been awesome weather here but about to change it sounds like.

• 2 months later...
Becassier

last moon of 2020 - posted on the 2020 photo thread, also.

Sony RX10 IV

Full Moon 12-28-2020 zeke filter.JPG