There's hope!

1 hour ago, atticus said:

Sort of--in my zone there are Doe tags available to buy every year-- I just never do.  

8789F7AA-FE00-49DC-856B-72059C65551F.jpeg

Thats unfortunate. 😉

No worries, the buck you will shoot will be tasty too.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• atticus

• Brad Eden

• tclprin

• drummer's stump

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It can happen quick, I was in the stand just a few minutes maybe 3 or 4 and I saw a doe come out that was acting squirrely. Then I saw a small buck come out, then saw a glint of antler coming through

My travails at filling my buck tag are well documented here.  Last year was the best season I had in a long time--passing on several spikes and having my nephew score a nice 8 point.  To keep an eye o

I think I know why the deer are winding you....

Posted Images

On 12/6/2020 at 12:31 PM, drummer's stump said:

It can happen quick, I was in the stand just a few minutes maybe 3 or 4 and I saw a doe come out that was acting squirrely. Then I saw a small buck come out, then saw a glint of antler coming through the woods and this guy stepped out yesterday afternoon. 

IMG-0519.jpg

Nice deer.  What do you have there for fire power?  It’s gorgeous.

drummer's stump
1 hour ago, MAArcher said:

Nice deer.  What do you have there for fire power?  It’s gorgeous.

It is a custom Sako built on a L691 action chambered in 7mm rem mag.

On 12/11/2020 at 6:47 PM, Wirehair said:

Try hunting farter back

I think I know why the deer are winding you....

The 2020 season ended just after 4:30 yesterday afternoon and it ended with a whimper.  I went out for the last couple hours but as expected, nothing was moving.  I really don't know where all the bucks I caught on camera went.  As can be seen earlier in the thread, there were plenty around but all I saw was a couple Doe.  I will say that my effort was not there and I hunted a lot less.  Things got in the way that took the wind out of my sails for a while.  Still, even my cameras didn't catch much action the last 31 days.  odd.  

Back where I started on November 30, on the ridge overlooking the brook and vernal pool.

IMG_2488-X3.jpg

IMG_2489-X3.jpg

The T/C renegade .56 smoothbore was ready

IMG_2490-X3.jpg

and it even went off when I unloaded into the mud!

IMG_2492-X3.jpg

With that bang and a lot of smoke the season ended.  Today is my "annual cleaning of the guns" everything will get a good cleaning and oiling, knives will be sharpened and oiled then everything gets put away until spring. 

There is still hope though--I bought my 2021 hunting and fishing license last night!

Brad Eden

It’s always fun reading your yearly Hope Topic. At this point I’m not sure I want you to shoot a deer. Might end the saga. Grouse ended in Maine yesterday and the shotguns will get a cleaning today or over weekend. Gear/ammo bag, human and dog vests, shells organized, and miscellany have already were stored away in a bin this morning.