UJ Back Online after Major Software Upgrade

IMG_0743.JPG

Well, the UJ Online Community is now up to speed with the Board Software and has been moved to a newer and more stable Cloud Server. This ensures a stable future in our digital Upland Covert.

I am in the process of making adjustments to better reflect what we are all accustomed to, and investigating any new features and enhancements. I can already see a few new things I may revise, or remove/disable.

Typically, Members approach me after a Board Upgrade asking to change this and change that. I can and will look into any issues of course, but I am restricted by the Software and what it allows. I’m not a Coder and wouldn’t hack the Board code even if I was. 

Welcome back!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• Dave in Maine

• gunsrus

• OKhunter

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, the UJ Online Community is now up to speed with the Board Software and has been moved to a newer and more stable Cloud Server. This ensures a stable future in our digital Upland Covert.  

Nope, the exact opposite. I detest change. If I didn’t have to change my underwear, t-shirt, shirt, pants and socks I wouldn’t. And in fact there is little change to colors or Theme after this Upgrade

Got a feeling the next 'upgrade' will coincide with the midterms in 2022😁   (sorry, might be too political.  Feel free to remove😏)

Posted Images

Brad:  So how many electoral college votes do you get for winning this battle.....  LOL of course.

Got a feeling the next 'upgrade' will coincide with the midterms in 2022😁

(sorry, might be too political.  Feel free to remove😏)

Me thinks Brad , like a kid with a coloring book , needs change every once in a while . While I , being old , look through the new colors and changes and say WTH , I hate it , until I settle down and get used to it .

Carry on . 

Fire Marshal Bill

I'm back!!! I don't know why, but I had to reset my password. So far I like what I see. Nice job Brad.

First of all, Thank You Brad! I haven’t done much on the new update yet but just what I see it looks great! Hope your usual anxiety over these upgrades was unfounded! We appreciate being back!

2 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Me thinks Brad , like a kid with a coloring book , needs change every once in a while . While I , being old , look through the new colors and changes and say WTH , I hate it , until I settle down and get used to it .

Carry on . 

Nope, the exact opposite. I detest change. If I didn’t have to change my underwear, t-shirt, shirt, pants and socks I wouldn’t. And in fact there is little change to colors or Theme after this Upgrade, and I can and will likely make any adjustments, but there are some other different things.

I particularly hate digital upgrades for anything. This is PTSD from a career in graphic design, a field that went digital sooner and faster than any other industry. Back in the day, say early 80’s through 90’s, updates to design or any software resulted in a complete cluster fest. Incompatibilities, files not opening, not working etc., etc. It was in two words a Horror Show every time.

I put off these Board Software Updates for way too long.  I was 15 Upgrades behind, you read that right. Granted many were very small security updates but still. Eventually, like this time, we started experiencing issues and errors and the Support people I pay for every month tell me if I dont upgrade the Board will likely go down. 

So, there.

4 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Nope, the exact opposite. I detest change. If I didn’t have to change my underwear, t-shirt, shirt, pants and socks I wouldn’t. And in fact there is little change to colors or Theme after this Upgrade, and I can and will likely make any adjustments, but there are some other different things.

I particularly hate digital upgrades for anything. This is PTSD from a career in graphic design, a field that went digital sooner and faster than any other industry. Back in the day, say early 80’s through 90’s, updates to design or any software resulted in a complete cluster fest. Incompatibilities, files not opening, not working etc., etc. It was in two words a Horror Show every time.

I put off these Board Software Updates for way too long.  I was 15 Upgrades behind, you read that right. Granted many were very small security updates but still. Eventually, like this time, we started experiencing issues and errors and the Support people I pay for every month tell me if I dont upgrade the Board will likely go down. 

So, there.

I'm bustin them .

Samuel Hoggson

All change is bad.  Except when it's good.  Like the upgrades.  Easier on old eyes.  Thanks, Brad.