Crazy Warm November Conditions

20201108_205547.thumb.jpg.db1c5e43cc414e905ee8a39a97166373.jpg20201108_210555.thumb.jpg.8ebf2653e6dc9f3225e5e6d1809bd2ab.jpgWe're just through the deer hunt week and it's been warm to hot to run the dogs.  Went down to Long Point Bay yesterday for likely the last trip before the boat's stored.  Light SW winds and temps in high 60's. Conditions felt like May.  Usually the Diver hunting is just gearing up there now.

We struck out casting for bass/pike for a few hours but the perch bite was really on.  Had to be 50-60 boats out perching.

Managed enough for a dinner. Good day on the water...

It's been 70°+ here every day for a week...really put the stops on what was shaping up to be an epic Esox feed.

I was out Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and yesterday, didn't even see a fish.

...on the flip, and much more important, side, the weather was amazing and it great to be floating rivers and out on the lakes.

Weather will kill you or kiss you for sure. Toothy's are sleeping and not very active for sure. How ever you have to go and check it out. Looking forward to a nice change in temps mid week. 

Hal

2 hours ago, Hal Standish said:

Weather will kill you or kiss you for sure. Toothy's are sleeping and not very active for sure. How ever you have to go and check it out. Looking forward to a nice change in temps mid week. 

Hal

Same here - supposed to drop to low 40s for highs starting tomorrow.

My local grouse spots are bone dry.  Places I usually need rubber knee boots and lots of long jumps are like walking in the park right now.  Birds seem to have vanished as well.

But wow my lawn looks good.