simple pedometer

My wife is looking for a gadget that she can use to find out how far she has walked when she walks or hikes,she does not want anything she has to go thru 20 steps to set it up. she wants to turn it on when she starts her walk and check it for mileage when she finishes. Really does not want it for anything else so all the crap they put on this stuff will not be used and only make set up more complicated. We are old folks and do not speak computer . Oh and she does not want a step counter. Any ideas out there?

There are several apps for android or I-phones. Simple to complex, most free.  If she can carry her phone with her, best in a pants pocket, it might be something she could use.

17 minutes ago, parker 20 said:

My wife is looking for a gadget that she can use to find out how far she has walked when she walks or hikes,she does not want anything she has to go thru 20 steps to set it up. she wants to turn it on when she starts her walk and check it for mileage when she finishes. Really does not want it for anything else so all the crap they put on this stuff will not be used and only make set up more complicated. We are old folks and do not speak computer . Oh and she does not want a step counter. Any ideas out there?

Fitbit charge 2. A kinda wrist watch. Measures, steps, miles, heart rate, et, etc.  Very easy to use; I use it just about daily. It does have an app which goes on your computer, but you don't have to buy the app. You can read the data right off the watch. $125 for the version 2, more for the latest version, 4. There are apps for your smart phone, but if y'all want to avoid all computers I'd get the watch. 

All you have to do is charge the "watch", then strap on the wrist watch, it figures out steps, pulse, heart rate, miles, etc by itself.

If you don’t need exact numbers, time her walking a known distance 

then you can calculate approximately how far she walked, and it’s free just start the timer on her cell phone

or look at a watch

Mike da Carpenter

My wife used to go for long walks then call me to come get her.  When she would get in, she’d ask me to rest the trip meter to see how far she walked.  It’s easy, simple and I got to spend a little extra time with her too.

2 hours ago, WyomingArt said:

There are several apps for android or I-phones. Simple to complex, most free.  If she can carry her phone with her, best in a pants pocket, it might be something she could use.

This,

I have "Map My Walk" on my cell phone and it's extremely accurate, even when I'm out hunting.  If I get lost I can just backtrack with the map on my phone.  It tells miles walked and how fast per hour you are walking.  Best off it's a free app and they have versions for Apple phones too!

https://www.mapmywalk.com/app

Virgil