11 hours ago, Ruger1 said:

What better "test" of a camera than a GSP.

Ruger 1

Thanks!!!  Addie looks to be a bit camera shy!  Except in the field!

Best,

Greg

Greg, it looks like the focus grabbed on pretty Addie's butt instead of her head and eyes, which are pretty badly out of focus.  Normally, you really want the eyes to be in sharp focus.  Solutions: make sure the focus box or whatever you have is on the eyes; or use a much smaller aperture so everything in the frame is in focus (might require you to bump up the ISO considerably for an indoor shot like this one).  Likely the narrow depth of field you have here won't be a problem in bright outdoor light, becasue teh camera will set a smaller aperture.  

To show what I'm talking about, this shot of Chase was deliberately taken with an open aperture (F2), creating a very narrow DOF.  Only his right eye and ear are in focus, the rest is very soft.

5-13-16 - Chase at F2

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Greg Hartman said:

Greg, it looks like the focus grabbed on pretty Addie's butt instead of her head and eyes, which are pretty badly out of focus.  Normally, you really want the eyes to be in sharp focus.  Solutions: make sure the focus box or whatever you have is on the eyes; or use a much smaller aperture so everything in the frame is in focus (might require you to bump up the ISO considerably for an indoor shot like this one).  Likely the narrow depth of field you have here won't be a problem in bright outdoor light, becasue teh camera will set a smaller aperture.  

To show what I'm talking about, this shot of Chase was deliberately taken with an open aperture (F2), creating a very narrow DOF.  Only his right eye and ear are in focus, the rest is very soft.

5-13-16 - Chase at F2

Hope this helps.

Thanks Greg, I appreciate the help.  This pic was just taken to see if I can load pics on a Forum site.  Too be honest, I didn't take much care in taking it.

But, thanks again, I can always use help.

Almost forgot, ness, the camera is a Canon SX 540 HS

Best,

Greg