I thought I was losing my mind!

I've been hearing rumors of these for years where I hunt in western KS as whitetails move in and are displacing mulies. Never seen it myself, but have heard tell of many of them.

Gonna taste good whatever she is! Congrats

I was thinking this was a bit too unique to just let it pass me by with only pictures so I just finished fleshing and salting the hide. I saw a you tube video of a guy using a power washer to flesh one so I dug mine out of the basement closet where it was scheduled to remain until spring and took advantage of this above freezing day to power flesh the hide. I gotta say, it worked better than I could have hoped.  Perfectly fleshed in about 10 minutes using the rotary nozzle. I think it will make a great wall decoration in our cabin. I've only ever tanned snakeskins and 1 coyote before.  Hopefully it isn't to difficult. Several people on you tube make it seem pretty straightforward. 

Nice big doe  and some good eating for sure.  I would have been shocked if they made you use your Mule Deer tag on it.  Certainly looks more like a Whitetail to me.