Sport Dog E-Collar not charging

I have an older sport dog e-collar that decided to not charge on a recent multi-day trip.  The transmitter charges so I know it is not the charger and I suspect it is the contact with the prongs.  Anyone have suggestions for improving the contact without damaging the three thing prongs that insert into the charger?

Had the same issue with my 1850..Contacted Sport Dog...was told the receiver was bad and couldn't be fixed (even tried a new battery in the old receiver).  Thanks to a UJer I got some parts and paired a different receiver with my transmitter.  All's good.

same problem a few years ago.  One of the prongs broke loose.  I called sportdog and they sold me a new collar for good bit less than you'd normally pay in the store. Look up sportdog on line and call there customer service.  If it's a battery issue you can go to a place like Battery Bulbs and More.  They can get you a new battery and or rebuild you a new battery.  That's where I go to for my collar battery needs these days.