Strong showing at Flaherty

Remy my Wirehair won the Open All Age and Taco my Pointer won the Open Limited Shooting Dog/Gundog. The dogs now have wins on each coast. 

0-F70-D45-C-6082-4-CE8-A674-86280410-FBA

DAC95451-0140-4622-911-E-2-D4991-D97-A43

Really proud of the dogs and how they performed on new grounds. This year they’ve placed at field trials in 5 different states. 

3 hours ago, Brdhntr47 said:

Congratulations. Where was the trial held?

Connecticut. We’ve been doing a small tour across the country. Pennsylvania has been the one state we entered and couldn’t pull a ribbon out of 

Miles and Miles, and Miles Nice to see a road warrior get a little pay back Good Job Man!

Hal

VERY nice.   The dogs and handlers that typically run up at Flaherty's  are pretty serious competition.   So you can feel very good about those placements. 

I certainly would.  

Hope you are still planning to hit the Weim trial down here.  I am looking forward to seeing the dogs...and you as well.  😁

RayG

1 hour ago, Ray Gubernat said:

VERY nice.   The dogs and handlers that typically run up at Flaherty's  are pretty serious competition.   So you can feel very good about those placements. 

I certainly would.  

Hope you are still planning to hit the Weim trial down here.  I am looking forward to seeing the dogs...and you as well.  😁

RayG

There were a lot of really good dogs and handlers. Great group of people who helped me out. My scouts for both wins both took runner up in the same stake. And Dennis Hazel who scouted my Pointer rode hard and found him standing on some nice limb finds right after running his own dog. 

looking forward to meeting you in Delaware and seeing how these hounds take to the course. 

5 hours ago, forestdump said:

There were a lot of really good dogs and handlers. Great group of people who helped me out. My scouts for both wins both took runner up in the same stake. And Dennis Hazel who scouted my Pointer rode hard and found him standing on some nice limb finds right after running his own dog. 

looking forward to meeting you in Delaware and seeing how these hounds take to the course. 

I 've met  Dennis Hazel at a couple of trials and observed.  He is a stand up guy who does his best to do it right. They are good people.

I like Flaherty's. It is a nice single course and most of the AKC folks up there are serious about wanting to find the best dog, so they are a pleasure to compete with.     Unfortunately getting there is a major PIA for me unless I drive through CT in the middle of the night.   

Stay well and stay safe.

RayG

5 hours ago, Chukarman said:

Congratulations! Was this a wild bird (grouse) trial?

No throw down quail trial. These are western power shooting dog/all age dogs they don’t do well in the woods trials. This is the first year my dogs ran on grounds farther east than Idaho.  I could possibly grind them down to do it overtime but I prefer a dog that hooks up and goes in the open country wild bird trials like Idaho and Montana

Wish I had seen that you were going to be there.  I have been getting the itch to go and watch a trial and that would have been enough to bring me there.  Glad the pups did well.  Those are good grounds if you have a dog that likes an edge and has some handle to it.  I assume you broke out below the power lines.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 8:19 AM, bntsetter said:

Wish I had seen that you were going to be there.  I have been getting the itch to go and watch a trial and that would have been enough to bring me there.  Glad the pups did well.  Those are good grounds if you have a dog that likes an edge and has some handle to it.  I assume you broke out below the power lines.

Keith

Breakaway was at the corral