Pointing lab breeders

.Been watching you tube videos on pointing labs seem pretty cool. Question is , is there a higher chance of getting a dude rather than say a brittany or setter. Just curious 

There’s a bigger chance by far you will get one that doesn’t point, but the chance it won’t be a good gundog is almost zero

shoot-straight

One of the reasons I went with a tiger mtn lab was John had a "guarantee" that the dog will point or he will replace. Now, lots of caviats w that, but he exposes them to quail at 7-8 weeks and only sells them as "pointing" labs if he thinks they have the instinct. Not sure if he's doing that still or not.

On 11/25/2020 at 1:13 PM, bobman said:

My thought are if you want a full game bag and hunt everything you really can’t do any better than a lab. They are the “pickup truck” of gun dogs not the fastest not the pretties but damn sure the most useful.

Yep. And labs are pretty too. As a GWP owner who favors that breed Bobman describes labs perfectly. Probably 90% of the hunting dogs I see afield in ND after pheasants are labs. Not because a guy also hunts waterfowl but because they can do jack of all trades. My first 3 dogs were labs and did excellent on sharp-tails and roosters. They didn't handle hot days well but neither do most dogs and brutal cold & snow was just a frolic day for a lab. When most people talk serious retrieving they will say my dog retrieves like a lab. They don't say retrieves like an X. There is a reason for that.

I'm not putting down any other breed of hunting dog, the OP asked about a lab.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 8:12 PM, MDash2 said:

Welcome to the forum. No help on the kennel. Is this your first PL or have you had them previously?

So this will be my first "pointing" lab but my last lab pointed and would be stead if the bird held. I liked that so much this time Im seeking a dog that's bred to do the same thing. My last lab was out of dogs bred for nothing but waterfowl hunting but I hunt upland 90 to 95 percent of the time.