My COVID-19 Buck

My oldest daughter has been diagnosed with COVID-19, she is doing fine after a few days of low fever and feeling tired.   Because of the exposure we shared, including sitting two hours in a small shooting house together, it was assumed I would test positive as well.   My doctor thought it best I quarantine from rest of family at our camp house.  So I have been here for several days.  Our deer season opened on Saturday.  I have seen a number of deer but none I wanted to shoot until this afternoon.   I was sitting in a pasture below a thick mountaintop.  At 4 my phone rang and it was the lab informing me that my PCR test for Covid-19 was negative.  At 4:25 he came out with a group of small bucks.  I shot him with a .308 at about 200 yards and fortunately he dropped.  Very large body deer.  I think I will have him mounted for the COVID-19 relation alone, makes for a good story.

66F5B6D4-35B0-4B50-9FF1-313C80F82E8F.jpeg

After seeing WAY too many "back of the pickup truck with their tongues hanging out pictures"

Thank you for a great picture.

Well that was a great day, congrats on both counts. Also good choice on the 308. I don’t know why but I’ve come to favor my 308 as my favorite deer rifle though my 257 and 30-06 have both proven their mettle.