Good movies that you have seen.

Tomiris sound great Remo, I will be looking for it.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Lurch

• Marc Ret

• Ben Hong

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

O Brother, Where Art Thou?  

since tomorrow is thankgiving (in the USA anyway), it would be irresponsible not to mention the BEST THANKSGIVING MOVIE OF ALL TIME (and our after-lunch tradition to fall asleep in front of)....

There are not many movies that I really enjoy watching multiple times but this is one that I don't get tired of.    

Posted Images

On 2/15/2021 at 10:29 PM, NJ_Springer said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned Wind River, I thought that was really good. The Joker was dark but was good also

I'm becoming a big fan of Taylor Sheridan as a director (Wind River). Hell or High Water has some of the best dialog in any recent movie I've seen. And Ben Foster is one of my favorite actors. 

Cooter Brown

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned "The Man From Snowy River".  Horses, lots of fancy riding, a pretty girl, and Kirk Douglas chewing up the scenery in a dual role as two brothers.  Another good coming of age movie appropriate for all ages.

Rafterboy
On 11/1/2021 at 4:57 AM, SelbyLowndes said:

Halloween tradition prevailed and we watched Rocky Horror Show last night.  Some catchy tunes and Susan Sarandon still looks good to me...Selby Lowndes 

The rights to Rocky Horror were owned by Fox, who have been bought by Disney.

So what?

So

Frankenfurter is now a Disney princess.....

And yes, Susan Sarandon is/was hot

the day before Halloween, we watched Young Frankenstien on my insistance. My wife and daughter-in-law had never seen it and I had talked it up quite a bit.

Unfortunately, the funny parts I remembered turned out to be the only funny parts of the movie 😕. the family was bored to death, and I really only liked the parts that I'd already known from memory. 

I think I'm going to quit watching my favorite movies of old, to protect myself from not liking them anymore...

Lurch. We have some neighbors with horses ( imagine that in Kentucky) anyway we are treated to frequent whinnys from the horses. I drive my wife crazy as I always say Fau Blucher in response. II think it’s kind of funny but for her it’s worn off.

The Intouchables (a french film based on a true story -- funny and touching.

Seabiscuit - based on a true story

The Natural - much much better than the book

Hacksaw Ridge - based on a true story. There's an excellent documentary on Doss where he goes back to the Ridge Japan with some of his fellow soldiers

Gran Torino

stephen brown
16 hours ago, Lurch said:

the day before Halloween, we watched Young Frankenstien on my insistance. My wife and daughter-in-law had never seen it and I had talked it up quite a bit.

Unfortunately, the funny parts I remembered turned out to be the only funny parts of the movie 😕. the family was bored to death, and I really only liked the parts that I'd already known from memory. 

I think I'm going to quit watching my favorite movies of old, to protect myself from not liking them anymore...

Now that's a horror story!

Fav Halloween movie is the Johnny Depp Sleepy Hollow.  Loaded with big-ish names and really well done.  

Good? I don't know about that...it's a B-Movie, just saw it for the 1st time last night...DELUXE....MUY BUENO....it's so bad that it is good.....But I am fan of that genre..."Party Bus to Hell". I like weird crap....

Just watched The Gentlemen. Great flick, reminded me a lot of Snatch and Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels.

Then I got to the end credits and realized it was a Guy Ritchie film, so that explains the resemblence.

Really liked it.

• 2 weeks later...
topdog1961
On 11/9/2021 at 2:11 PM, Lurch said:

Yeah, it’s kinda like seeing that hot girl you remember fondly from high school at the 20 year reunion. Usually makes you glad for what you have now. 

apachecadillac

+1 on Wind River.  We watched it the day after Thanksgiving.  Our new daughter-in-law's choice.  She's a keeper.

To avoid hot spotting (or the necessity of a spoiler alert), and in the spirit of the Field & Stream review of Lady Chatterley's Lover about 60-70 years ago, Wind River explores the daily routine of an animal control officer in rural Wyoming.  It fully develops issues associated with interagency cooperation at the federal level and closely examines collateral issues that arise in connection with the delicate issue of exploiting natural resources on native American lands.