NH Farm Fresh Lamb arrived...need your favorite lamb recipes (smoker or otherwise)

6 hours ago, E.Young said:

I like to butterfly a leg, marinate in greek yogurt, olive oil, rosemary, garlic (or better, poach garlic in salted olive oil), salt and pepper, sear it good under the broiler or on a hot, hot grill, and then put it in the oven at 300 until internal temp is about 130-133, pull it out and tent it with foil until it reaches 142 and slice on the bias. 

I've done this. Truly excellent.

On 12/9/2020 at 6:42 PM, Dogwood said:

I've done this. Truly excellent.

Bingo! Mr. Young! My standard "piece de resistance" in a summer EGGing session. If the lamb is young enough, I use a boned out shoulder, butterfly it and just directly grill it over coals, and save the legs for roasting. A Greek salad, cucumber raita, and white rice completes the set.

Lamb shoulder chop I just cooked. I seasoned it more like pork, pan fried real quick like it was delicious. Don’t trim all the fat off it because you will be missing out on some good flavor. 

1E22CB16-A115-4C10-9FE8-183DC9043E72.jpeg

I scored some lamb shanks and shoulder chops today. They were being heavily discounted because it was late Saturday. Osso buco and lamb curry on this week's menu!

• 3 weeks later...

Lamb blocks - marinated with salt, olive oil, rosemary, with a little red wine, Put on grill. Serve rare with a good bottle of Pinot. Nothin' finer.

Never done LAMB curry, but the osso buco with risotto is worth the trouble.

It is also worth your time to make lamb stock with the bones.