Jump to content

Anyone Black Friday-ing?


topdog1961

Recommended Posts

Went grouse hunting.  Had success. 8 flushes. 
 

keep getting hammered with the same emails for huge sales only to find insignificant savings.  Quickest way to get me to unsubscribe...bait and switch me! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ScenicRoute said:

Went grouse hunting.  Had success. 8 flushes. 
 

keep getting hammered with the same emails for huge sales only to find insignificant savings.  Quickest way to get me to unsubscribe...bait and switch me! 


Yep, the few true “doorbuster” sales that people used to fight over in the stores were online and often before BF. The king of these, Walmart, had “Deals for Days” over the past 3 weeks or so. The blowout price started at a specific time. Me and my nephew both tried to buy a TV for a buddy who still watches a fuzzy 25 inch tube TV. We both had our fingers on the buy now button and the second the sale time arrived, we hit it. Someone else had faster upload speed than us, as we both got “sorry, sold out”. Their good online sales literally lasted a few seconds. 
 

But I did snag a set of Goodyear all terrain tires for my son at Walmart’s BF tire sale about 3 weeks ago. We got lucky, the local store had 4 in the 32 inch size he wanted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not much of a “shopper”, if I want something I just buy it. A guy on another site was mentioning a Black Friday Sale that included a couple things that I might have a use for. I checked the BIG on-line sale and it was 10% off most items. Super sale on a few items, 12%.  Just chuckled and took the dog for a walk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brdhntr47 said:

I’m not much of a “shopper”, if I want something I just buy it. A guy on another site was mentioning a Black Friday Sale that included a couple things that I might have a use for. I checked the BIG on-line sale and it was 10% off most items. Super sale on a few items, 12%.  Just chuckled and took the dog for a walk.

Gotta admit I had never heard of Hutchinson Island.  Had to look it up.  Across the state from me.  I haven't spent much time on the east coast.  Too many of you New Yorkers.😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to work.  But it looked like at 5:30 am lots of people we're saving Big money at Menards. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually treat myself to one of Jeff's Outfitters gun cases to put a "nice" gun in.  His best deal this year was thirty bucks higher than usual, but I bought another one anyhow...SelbyLowndes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Big Al said:

Gotta admit I had never heard of Hutchinson Island.  Had to look it up.  Across the state from me.  I haven't spent much time on the east coast.  Too many of you New Yorkers.😂


Those New Yorkers are south of me, I tried to stay away from them.  My neighbors are from Quebec, Ontario and Michigan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve become accustomed to basically ignoring all the ads on the few so-chill media sites I visit (except UJ!). Regardless, I was on the road on Friday to daughters place in NH where the immediate family of 4 and SIL enjoyed a late traditional Thanksgiving turkey dinner and each other’s company. Although my daughters and wife spent an inordinate amount of time on their iPads.....shopping.

 

The only thing I am currently jonesin for is a Makita cordless/Battery operated chainsaw. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Samuel Hoggson said:

Bought a scope.  Needs a rifle.

 

I have empty gun cases.  Is that reason enough for more shootin irons?

 

Perk

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Hoggson
53 minutes ago, salmontogue said:

 

I have empty gun cases.  Is that reason enough for more shootin irons?

 

Perk

 

Yes, whether a nice leg of mutton or even a decent tactical case.  Maybe not for a gun-sock. 

 

Empty magazines and ammo cans full of once-fired brass have worked for me, historically. 

 

Set of reloading dies might do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always wait for LLBeans 15% off this time of year . I pack the shopping cart several weeks before and hit buy . I do save some money . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...