Neat trick I learned for dragging a doe

2 hours ago, MAArcher said:

I do a version of this, I use a buckle tie down strap, cinched tight around the front hooves and neck.    

But the best way to get a doe out of the woods is to hunt with guys younger than you.  Good guys.  The kind that see your sorry ass struggling, and then just drag it out for you.  

At 48 I am the young guy usually.  I really like it when my son and nephews are there. 

When I hunted deer with a passion I normally carried a piece of brown tarp about 4’x6’ and laid the deer on it and tied it around the base of the head. Knocks about 75% of the weight off.

8 hours ago, Swampy 16 said:

When I hunted deer with a passion I normally carried a piece of brown tarp about 4’x6’ and laid the deer on it and tied it around the base of the head. Knocks about 75% of the weight off.

A1EC057E-C3A5-47D2-8515-4C746BC51DA0.jpeg

Ive used a Tarp on occasion before I got a jet sled. Good in a pinch but they get caught up a lot on blow downs sticks and stuff. Shot this deer out back with a bow years back and hired some help for the clearing and drag...

Drag a doe? Take a stout green stick and punch it through the nose cartilage. May have to use a knife to start. Then grab the handle and go, half your fingers on either side of the nose.  Slicker than pulling a buck.