sense of smell reduced after anesthesia?

My little Sophie had surgery two weeks ago to remove a cyst from her neck.  While she was knocked out they went ahead and did a tooth cleaning as well.  Since then I believe she might have a reduced sense of smell.  I say this because I've taken her hunting twice this week (day after the stitches came out) and the first day she pointed 3 birds and the second day (yesterday) I'm not sure pointed any and they were sure there. (Hunted with UJ Mike's dog Gunner) and he pointed 14 or so.  Sophie still backed and seemed to handle well, but after about 90 minutes she had a low sugar event and I shut her down (it was warm and muggy). 

As I was taking her back to the truck on lead, she seemed cleared eyed and acted normal ( I had given her a few cookies I keep in my vest and water) and thus I took her off lead within 75 yards of the truck, and she hit a nearby thicket and quickly locked up on a Woodcock (Beeper went off) and as I was probably 30 yards away the bird got up. 

PS.   On top of everything else, she was totally incontinent the afternoon/evening after surgery as she was coming out of the dope fog.   Called the vet that first night and they said some dogs do have that reaction to the anesthetic.  Anyway, thought that was over and then the last couple of nights she has gotten me up twice to let her out at circa 3 am to take a pee.   She has always had reoccurring UTI's whenever we go on a long trip and that is usually cleared up by a dosage of Cefpodoxime.   Anyway, appreciate any thoughts on the above as she seems a bit out of whack as they say.  PS.   All bloodwork they ran prior to her being put under for the operation was normal.   

FWIW, in Michigan in Oct she was her usual bird finding self, held points, found birds etc etc.   Appreciate any ideas.   Thanks

What is her age and did they give her IV fluids during the procedure?  Has she had anesthetic procedures previously?

She is 5.5 years old.  I think this might be the first time she was ever under except when she was neutered.   Just looked at the receipt and it says thye gave her an IV catheter. and 1 liter of fluids.  Drug used was Propofol. 

PS.  She was knocked out one other time briefly I'm thinking as they had to stitch up a cut on her foreleg a couple of years ago.  No problems with potential loss of smell after that one and no IV.

Without sounding pessimistic, I have read somewhere possibly on here that the device they use to pry/keep their mouth open for dental cleaning is known to cause irreversible scenting damage. 

I had not heard that one regarding dental cleaning and loss of smell, but have heard about potential loss of hearing.

If she was on antibiotics there is a possibility that could effect her sense of smell. My setter was on antibiotics due to spear grass and had a greatly reduced sense of smell for about two months.

4 hours ago, zhtrainer said:

If she was on antibiotics there is a possibility that could effect her sense of smell. My setter was on antibiotics due to spear grass and had a greatly reduced sense of smell for about two months.

They put her on antibiotics for a full 10 days after the surgery.  That ended I believe last Friday, so she has been off antibiotics for about 10 days. 

The extra urine output is likely due to the iv fluids and should dissipate in a day or so.

I've not had any experience with loss of smell due to anesthesia or antibiotics.  Doesn't mean it can't happen but would be very rare.  Either way I'd be surprised if the sense did not return in a week or 2 etc.