Jump to content

Gambles hunt with my boys.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ThreeDogs

    10

  • EB&Me

    6

  • Cooter Brown

    2

  • Sivart

    1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If someone told me the gig was up and I only had one day left on this big blue ball but I could do whatever I wanted it would be this! Gambles hunting with my boys.   The Gambles quail is one o

Adam is 18 Henry is 14 and Flint jr is 9. They have all been hunting with me since they could walk basically... they love to hunt and fish together.

Just awesome. Cool thing about UJ is that we get to see such different covers without traveling there.  Looks like a great day with your boys making memories.   Thanks for sharing.

Posted Images

Great story and pictures!  Gambles are such a fun challenge,  this weekend I was hunting here in NM driving a dirt road when I noticed a vehicle behind me. Given we were in the middle of nowhere I pulled over to see if they wanted to hunt together..turns out they were oryx hunting. As we were chatting a covey of Gambles fed across the road in front of us and casually fed up and over the hill (very similar country to your pictures). After the conversation I let out 2 very experienced desert quail dogs thinking we would find the covey in short order.......not a bird to be found or seen, hopefully they flew over to Utah so you and the boys can hunt them lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great pic's!  Thanks for taking me on that hunt!!  Bye the way Besty is coming along Great!  Maybe I'll get Besty back out there some day

Link to post
Share on other sites
WI Outdoor Nut

Great pics and thanks for taking us along.  How old are your boys?  Do they enjoy hunting the birds, or does Dad make them go with?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2020 at 4:59 PM, ranchdoc said:

Great story and pictures!  Gambles are such a fun challenge,  this weekend I was hunting here in NM driving a dirt road when I noticed a vehicle behind me. Given we were in the middle of nowhere I pulled over to see if they wanted to hunt together..turns out they were oryx hunting. As we were chatting a covey of Gambles fed across the road in front of us and casually fed up and over the hill (very similar country to your pictures). After the conversation I let out 2 very experienced desert quail dogs thinking we would find the covey in short order.......not a bird to be found or seen, hopefully they flew over to Utah so you and the boys can hunt them lol.


ha I hope they did make it my way. I swear if a covey crosses the road you will never see it again!! My kids call them ghost coveys. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, neverhomeboy said:

Great pic's!  Thanks for taking me on that hunt!!  Bye the way Besty is coming along Great!  Maybe I'll get Besty back out there some day


I hope to see you out this way some day. Send me some pics of Betsy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Great pics and thanks for taking us along.  How old are your boys?  Do they enjoy hunting the birds, or does Dad make them go with?

Adam is 18 Henry is 14 and Flint jr is 9. They have all been hunting with me since they could walk basically... they love to hunt and fish together.

EDD787B3-33AB-45A0-8886-8090CDAC83C3.jpeg

0B853F2D-9B0B-4966-92F0-2E389F7538DA.jpeg

203B53BD-4D0A-47C1-B8D1-75465B95CE05.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...