Waiting for fruit, how long?

I have pecan orchard, they have to pollinated by another pecan tree. I'm not sure if trees are wind pollinated (hickory type trees) or insect. The answer to this could solve your riddle.

We have just the one pear tree, it was young when we moved in 26 years ago and we didn't know what it was until a couple years later when it popped out.  From what we can see there is no other pear tree nearby, we were told it can be pollinated via other fruit trees, whatever the source it's a producer.

I had one apple tree the kids got me for fathers day one year.  It gave a couple apples a year later.  Then the lawn guys damaged it with the weed wackers.   Then my friend who I let store his boat in my hard backed the boat over it and finished it off.  The biggest mistake I've made with my two acres is that I didn't plant an orchard when I moved in 20 years ago.  Not being a fan of Massachusetts, I figured I'd only be here a couple years.  Guess I was wrong.  Maybe I should just go ahead and spend some coin and plant a few trees.  

That Prairie Fire Crab should produce fruit pretty fast. I put in some flowering crabs that had apples the second year and just got better. My Siberian Crabs needed more care to get going.  Down in the pasture fence there are a couple of bird planted crabs that really kick out the fruit. Song birds, deer, coons all like them. I'm sure grouse would too.

My Prairie fire crab I bought well established. It has put on fruit in its first year in my property. However, at the same time I bought a well established mountain ash and in its first full season it did not produce fruit although it was full of fruit when I bought it the year prior. I have noticed that it has set buds this Fall so I am hoping for fruit next year. The migrating bluebirds absolutely cleaned it out that first Fall. I did fertilize those two trees per instruction from my nursery guy. 

I stopped in to my local feed store the other day and discussed fertilizer for the fruit trees. He suggested it was too late now but in the Spring he could mix something up for me. 

I bought two 5' mountain ash 4 years ago that are now at least 8' and have never produced a berry.  Bought a 4' Showy Mountain Ash two years ago and it is loaded both years. Very disappointed in the first 2. Now have a dozen bare root mountain ash coming next spring. I bought a hydroponic starter box this fall and would like to try reproducing some of the good trees from new growth branches. There is a fruit tree named "Trader Mulberry" that the songbirds go bonkers for, zone 4, but hard to come by.

edit. I should add that a couple times a year I buy one of those 2 lb bags of Miracle Grow, dump in a 600 gal water tank and soak the tree roots down.