The Last Ride of my 68th Year - a quick loop past Devil's Tower

munsterlander
13 hours ago, bigjohnsd said:

I wish I'd started riding off road twenty years ago.  I'm too old for the gnarly stuff now, takes to long to heal.

Yeah, I go easy, but there is still a fall once in awhile.  Although I could show you videos of some trail riders in their 80s that you wouldn't believe.  Guys who can barely get on the get on the bike, but once on it are super impressive.  Of course been doing it all their lives.  

43 minutes ago, munsterlander said:

Yeah, I go easy, but there is still a fall once in awhile.  Although I could show you videos of some trail riders in their 80s that you wouldn't believe.  Guys who can barely get on the get on the bike, but once on it are super impressive.  Of course been doing it all their lives.  

Exactly, not something to learn at 70.  

On 12/8/2020 at 9:55 PM, bigjohnsd said:

Another really odd day, 68F in Spearfish when I left home.  
70F just west of Belle Fourche.  
52F on the ridge between Devils tower and Sundance WY.  
The NW wind came up on my way home on I-90.

A great way to round out my 68th year!

John, your post are always impressive for my wife and I that would be a big ride.:D

My wife reserved snowmobiles for the day after Christmas as spearfish Canyon Lodge. o.O

Looks like we may need to bring our own snow! Oh well, walking with the dog in the hills will be a lot of fun too.

Take care.

• 1 month later...
munsterlander
On 12/10/2020 at 9:15 PM, bigjohnsd said:

I wish I'd started riding off road twenty years ago.  I'm too old for the gnarly stuff now, takes to long to heal.

bigjohn, if you're ever headed on your GS out Washington State way, shoot me a message and we could do some riding together on our '14 GSAs!