ESS 2020 NAC

Thx for posting this so I can keep up on it. I'll be watching #18 with John Dunn as Badger is from the same liter as my Annie. 

There's several pups from Pheasant Feathers which sired my Annie.

Good luck EVERYONE!

2nd series was a death nell for many dogs. In this series judges don't take'em out they take themselves out either failed retrieve or passed birds are the usual issues 

Looks like the field is down to 49 dogs with 3 series to go.

3 Series call backs...https://essft.com/news/2020-nac-3rd-series-callbacks/

Hal

Where is this being run, is it all week? I might want to check it out, only live about 49 miles from Dublin. 

22 dogs going to Water then the  Fifth series .

https://essft.com/blog/2020-nac-5th-series-callbacks/

10 hours ago, hmm363 said:

Where is this being run, is it all week? I might want to check it out, only live about 49 miles from Dublin. 

https://essft.com/2020-national-amateur-championship-nac-ohio/ 

This could be over by tommorrow

Hal

Half, thanx for initiating the thread and updating posts.

I dont FB and some days this is the best way for me.

Thnx again.

stephen brown

How tough is the water test? Was looking over the National Open and noticed a number of dogs where drop on the water series and therefore never made the 5th and last series

1 hour ago, stephen brown said:

How tough is the water test? Was looking over the National Open and noticed a number of dogs where drop on the water series and therefore never made the 5th and last series

The Water Test is very straight forward and simple.

I personally would be embarrassed and Humiliated if me Dog were to fail, the Water test.

Hal

11 hours ago, stephen brown said:

The water test is basically a 40-50 yard swim nothing complicated.  back to back single marks with gunshot.  Dog is line steady.   

I had not noticed the difference in number of dogs at water in National Open compared to 5th series.   Wow, 8 dogs were lost at the water.   I will inquire to see what was the issue.   That surprises me.   I have seen some that just were not prepared but 8 of 29 is unusual.   

6 hours ago, SpringerDude said:

The water test is basically a 40-50 yard swim nothing complicated.  back to back single marks with gunshot.  Dog is line steady.   

I had not noticed the difference in number of dogs at water in National (Open) compared to 5th series.   Wow, 8 dogs were lost at the water.   I will inquire to see what was the issue.   That surprises me.   I have seen some that just were not prepared but 8 of 29 is unusual.   

Wow! Talk about lack of Preparation. Goodness Gracious. With entry fees at $250.00 plus travel food and motel. To fail such a simple test and that's all it is it is not even judged it's pass/ fail. Cold weather be Darned, and for those that pass they get to go to most exciting series in the Spaniel game, the 5th series in the National Champs.

I had shared this information with My wife this morning and her reply adroitly was.."well it is the Amatures"!

Hal