Another 80+ Success

I like these older hunter stories. Congrats to him. But I also hope they, and I as I age, remember to respect their limitations. I had a neighbor many years ago who was vigorous and deer hunted into his mid 80’s, but he then fell out of a treestand and really messed himself up. He didn’t last long after that. But at least he went down swinging for the fence. 

Wayne has gone his own way. Tagged out this year he told us as he visited one of covers. Joe is great as you know.

I just skipped this week due to the crunchy snow that I could not negotiate. The others took deer daily.

Will return after Christmas....snow gone.

Much prefer bird hunting!

On 12/16/2020 at 12:16 PM, tclprin said:

Both guys are in great shape. Walk for miles. Don't climb! An example for the rest of us!

After falling out of a tree stand several years ago and breaking 3 ribs and cracking one vertebrae I no longer climb into ladder stands.  PS.  I was about 58 and almost croaked.  If I would have landed on the stump that I missed by 3 feet, I wouldn't be writing this right now for sure.  Man sometimes has to learn his limitations the hard way.