Home made/custom made tip ups?

I guess it's been 30 years now since I did the ice fishing thing with any conviction but now that I'm in the great white north ah, I'm taking an ice spin again.  I have a four rods, tear drops, a number of baits to jig vertically, auger and everything I need  but only one tip up.  Sitting on a bucket in the open jigging and waiting for a fish to bite doesn't trip my trigger but standing on the bank close to a hot fire drinking beer roasting deer brats does. So I want to put together a few iFish Pro type tip ups that work with a short fishing rods.  I have ideas for the construction in my head and the build seems simple but wondering if anyone made something like the iFish Pro or other tip ups they can share.  

Remember, it's not totally about the fishing but I kinda need to look like I'm fishing.  The brat roasting and beer drinking I've got covered.  

Thanks Mike.  Yep that's kinda the idea I have. Mouse trap trigger, kill bar and spring removed.   That line groove is way to skinny though right?  I see a cluster flaring up trying to get a line through there as a fish is peeling drag. 

12 hours ago, Mike da Carpenter said:

Would it work to leave the bar and spring and put the flag right on the bar? Somebody posted this here years ago but I'm not sure how it works.

image.thumb.png.a912f319a2d72327bbc4e460e63c2b27.png

Well I put one together.  Only hitch is the the line/trigger junction.  If I don't wrap the line more than 3 times around the trigger there isn't enough grip and line just free spools off.  If I wrap it more times then 3 it can get hung up on the trip wire.  

A Polar tip up is just $9 at Walmart.  

If you use slip bobbers an 1/8" or so of rubber band makes a good stop on the line. So maybe that would work to trip the mouse trap. It can be reeled right through the guides.

48 minutes ago, Remo said:

Paperclip?

Good idea.  But I might be the only person in the free world who doesn't have a paper clip.  But I do have clothes pins.  

Stand by.