Somebody has to be ice fishing already. Everybody was blown off here today with the wind. Ice about 4-5".  Pics, stories....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Remo

• dogrunner

• Dave Erickson

• fishvik

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use a Clam Nanook model. It would be a tight fit for 2 men but with just the 2 dogs and myself it works fine. Light weight enough that you can pull it by hand and simple to heat with a Buddy Heater

We have a gang buster yellow perch bite going on right now. The bite starts just before noon and you are done in a half hour with one rod.     They aren't big but are sure good eat

Posted Images

-30 here today. I was going to go fishing but did I mention it was -30 and the wind was wicked. I stayed home. No pictures.

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

-30 here today. I was going to go fishing but did I mention it was -30 and the wind was wicked. I stayed home. No pictures.

Cheese and rice, man...that's -22° for us heathens down here clinging to an archaic measuring system.

I'm not sure we've seen 0° F here yet, I think the lowest has been 9°, and we're in NW WI.

We are making ice here but I won't pull the gear very far by hand. We'll see how thick it is next week. The neighbor kid is out and just pounding walleyes and perch.

Pond just got locked up yesterday, the big water has awhile yet before it’s a go. If it gets cold like they forecast I might be able to get on the pond in about a week. 

The neighbor kid is driving me nuts. 3 keeper walleyes and 20 big perch in under 2 hours this morning. I should take him pheasant hunting so he learns what failure tastes like.

First time on the ice was the Friday before thanks giving, was a bit sketchy then but we have real good ice now. Sunday was fun, 40ish degrees so tshirt weather, siting by your tip ups in a lawn chair wearing a tshirt is a great early dec and late march activity. No impressive fish or good pics so far, maybe this weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...

We have a gang buster yellow perch bite going on right now. The bite starts just before noon and you are done in a half hour with one rod.

P1120496-001.JPG

They aren't big but are sure good eaters. The lure is a Lindy Perch Talker with a small minnow on single hook.

P1120500-001.JPG

doodlecrazy

Doing a lot of spearing. Slow overall. Lot of color in the lake I'm on this year. 

20201216_121006.jpg

1 hour ago, doodlecrazy said:

Doing a lot of spearing. Slow overall. Lot of color in the lake I'm on this year. 

20201216_121006.jpg

Dinner!

Got back out for some Perch and had a couple of tip-ups out.

A few Perch eaters came by and added to the fun.

image000000 (007).jpg

image000004.jpg