Setter wearing the front of her legs out ????

Thanks for the help, I will remove the bell and run her without it and see how that works.

Glenn

shoot-straight

I dont see any way that a bell could do that. 

The question is does the dog do that to itself during the hunt (brush), or after the hunt (kennelled or in crate). My lab would lick his feet raw if I would Let him. If that's the case it's time for the cone of shame. 

agree that those look like serious wounds and will take quite a while to heal. 

1 hour ago, shoot-straight said:

The question is does the dog do that to itself during the hunt (brush), or after the hunt (kennelled or in crate).

Definitely done hunting, she was fine when she came out of the box yesterday, at the end of the day her leg was raw. I hunted her about 3 hours in the afternoon.

Glenn

The picture I shared was after two weeks of hunting in the UP, yesterdays injury was only on one leg, but at the same location as the other injury and I only hunted her for about three hours. I have no doubt if I hunted her for a few days that those legs would be just as bad as the picture. Gotta try something, the bell goes first.

Glenn

Ran my little setter again today and decided to try her with the bell on the top collar above the Alpha tracking collar and pulled snug, she ran for about 4 hours and her legs looked no worse for the run. I closely observed her running and see how the bell could hit her if it was run on the bottom, I would never have thought it possible. Moving the bell to the top seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for the help to my friends here on Upland Journal.

Glenn