Can You See Them?

A friend published these 2 pictures on our "closed" web site.  We hunt in challenging scrub oak cover of SE Massachusetts. But it seems to me that I rarely see the number of deer that others see. I am red/green color blind and sometimes have wondered if this isn't a contributing factor. These pics seem to tell me a lot.

So I am wondering how many deer those of you on this set see in each picture?

Appreciate the responses in advance.

Deer 1.jpg

Deer 2.jpg

My back yard ! I never was a good deer hunter . I maybe see one in the center of the second picture . 

Motionless deer in that type of cover are difficult to spot.  They are easier to locate when they move.  Even a turn of the head or a tail flick will reveal their location.

Perk

I was walking my dog through the woods one fall day and up popped a big, and I mean big buck with an impressive rack.  The buck roused  himself maybe 10 or 15 yards from me as my dog was coming in and starting to put pressure on him.  I had no earthly idea that this huge critter was practically underfoot.

If you aren't focused into hunting mode (I was just strolling along), wildlife can be ghostlike.

I see the one in the middle of the second picture. And it looks like a smaller one on the far left edge. You can just see part of the body and an ear. So not sure but I think 2. 

E376B03D-60F0-4805-B804-D6EAE2E9D5E0.thumb.jpeg.7c2d9e8994e05d0845435aa65133c747.jpeg

Try this one. 

If I do or don’t see the animal in the picture, does it mean there’s something psychologically wrong with me?  I’m tired of failing those tests. 

I’m not crazy...my mother had me tested.  

I see one at the base of a tree in the background of the top photo and the one in the middle of the second photo.

I thought I could make out 3 in the top photo. I was too tired after looking at the first photo, to look at the second! One in the center, one by the birch tree off your outside mirror and one center, towards the bottom.

Tom look for a deers back  it goes east and west trees go up and down. look for a part of the deer not the hole deer !!!!

And if you dont hear wildlife and see birds your going to fast.

1 in the top pic. 2 in the bottom pic

Apparently the correct response is 2 in the top picture and 4 in the second picture.

I feel better..do not see any in the top and 2 in the bottom. Obviously the snow helps!

Back at it for blackpowder after several days off. Last year got a big buck that had dropped its anterers on the last day.

Our group has had a very successful year this year with 1 1/2 weeks remaining.

Without staring at the photos for an hour, I can’t make out any in the top photo and one dead center in second photo.

Aint nothing harder to make out than a standing still whitetail in the Northeast woods as far as I’m concerned. If you don’t detect that horizontal line of their back forget it, or as mentioned a flip of tail or twitch of an ear. I’ve watched deer moving while bowhunting from an elevated stand within 20 yards and completely lost sight of them if I turned away for a second. And waited for what seemed like hours for them to move again before I could see them. Second to that is likely a liver/white Springer spaniel when there is snow on the ground.

I don’t see any deer but I do see one Woodcock in the first picture and two Grouse in the second.