They all eat good....

My wife and I were driving into town this morning and were following a big pickup towing a snowmobile trailer. They were flying through an area where deer cross the road at that early time of day. I saw the tail lights come on and just knew they had hit a deer. As we approached the spot I saw some broken plastic and a dead raccoon. Figured that’s what they hit. About 45 minutes later we were headed home and saw the deer balled up on the side of the road. Coyote bait. We stopped and grabbed the doe to throw her in the bed of my truck. She still had plenty of kick left in her. The side of her head was crushed, so I finished her with my belt knife. Called the sheriff office and game warden to report it. Since she was so fresh and didn’t seem tore up too bad I decided to skin her out and evaluate the damage. Thankfully she won’t go to waste since there was absolutely no body damage, just a crushed head. Not one other broken bone. My sister and her husband didn’t get a deer this season so I am going to share with them. They all eat good. 

DE99C7AB-CFD6-4BA0-9347-884B9B518249.jpeg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• topdog1961

• max2

• Huntschool

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife and I were driving into town this morning and were following a big pickup towing a snowmobile trailer. They were flying through an area where deer cross the road at that early time of day. I s

The gift that keeps on giving. Timely. Just a half hour ago I sliced up the last package of steak from a road kill (I had to put it down) button buck along with another from the big doe I shot last fa

…if you let them age. There is some conjecture here that young doe eat better than a large buck.  After this weekend’s experience, that theory is laid to rest for me.  I opened two packs of backstraps

Posted Images

Brad Eden

The gift that keeps on giving. Timely. Just a half hour ago I sliced up the last package of steak from a road kill (I had to put it down) button buck along with another from the big doe I shot last fall. The meat is in a ziplock bag marinating in an Asian style marinade. I’m gonna make jerky tomorrow or Monday with the Air Fryer/Dehumidifier.