Air Fryer

ScenicRoute

Have tried frozen wings and frozen fries.  Both sucked.  Not sure if it’s the product, the process or what.  Going to try again with fresh wings.  Otherwise it’s going in the dumpster.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• SODAKer

• UplandHntr

• GuyO

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Air Fried...Dry rubbed and bacon wrapped section of Venison Backstrap Loin. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I love my Instant Pot! Which also functions as a slow cocker got rid of 3 crock pots when I got it. I subscribe to the Alton Brown Method of not having specialized tools or gadgets.   An Air

The two girls bought us a Ninja Air Fryer for Christmas. They both have the same model and love it. They use it for almost every meal these days for one thing or another. Apparently it cuts time and r

Posted Images

UplandHntr
40 minutes ago, ScenicRoute said:

Have tried frozen wings and frozen fries.  Both sucked.  Not sure if it’s the product, the process or what.  Going to try again with fresh wings.  Otherwise it’s going in the dumpster.  

Youre doing something wrong or your equipment is bad

I've done Golden Crinkles frozen fries and they came out great.

ScenicRoute
49 minutes ago, UplandHntr said:

Have wings in there now.  We shall see.  It’s a brand new Ninja air fryer 

ScenicRoute
4 hours ago, UplandHntr said:

Idk but new wings were meh.  Not anything I’d rush out of try again. 

Brad Eden

Another good thing about an air fryer is reheating or “recrisping” take out food. Jo picked up some Chinese Food for New aYears Eve, including a Poo Poo platter with assorted battered chicken fingers, egg rolls, and fried shrimp, and chicken wings. A few minutes in the air fryer and they come back to life from soggyness to crispness.

steveziv

My wife bought one for me (us) and each of my three daughters on sale last Christmas.  We use it for morning hash brown and frozen appetizers.  It does a great job but get 'em while they're hot, the apps are no good cold, must dry them out or something.  My daughters tell me seasoned veggies (broccoli / cauliflower) are crispy and delicious.

UplandHntr

I did another pan of wings tonite. Thawed, pat them dry, salt and pepper and then 30 mins at 400 degrees. As crispy as can be. Shook them in hoisin sauce. They were just awesome. 

ScenicRoute

tried wings last night. 35 minutes at 400. Chewy meat and not crispy skin.  

UplandHntr

Do you have a combo air fryer/ pressure cooker? You sure you have it set on air fry?
I shouldve taken a pic of my wings tonite. A work of art. As good as Ive ever gotten in a restaurant. Seriously

Brad Eden

I saved a section of venison backstrap. I’m gonna dry rub it and wrap it in bacon and air fry it some evening this week. Will report back with what I hope are mouth watering photos.

Brad Eden
7 hours ago, ScenicRoute said:

That’s too bad. I haven’t tried wings yet. But I did touch up some rubbery Chinese chicken wings the other day and a few minutes in air fryer crisped them back up. I also air fried some chicken thighs as posted with photo earlier. I had to watch them towards the end so they didn’t crisp up too much. I’ll have to buy some wings and see what results I get. What model Air Fryer do you have? 

9 hours ago, ScenicRoute said:

Just wondering, are you packing the the fryer or doing small batches with enough room between pieces to let the air really circulate? If packed in tight that is probably the cause. Just a thought.  

ScenicRoute
15 minutes ago, SODAKer said:

Just wondering, are you packing the the fryer or doing small batches with enough room between pieces to let the air really circulate? If packed in tight that is probably the cause. Just a thought.  

Tried both.  It’s a two basket unit. So I put one layer on one side and tossed a bunch in the other side.  

I did pull the baskets out a few times and give them a good shake.  

both baskets were same end result 

SelbyLowndes

Poor Emily, I bought her a Ninja last Christmas and she's burned everything she put in it.  I blame it on her life motto; "we don't need no stinkin' directions!"...SelbyLowndes