Air Fryer

Clueless1

Well my wife got us one for Christmas.  I tried "We don't need any more gadgets." but this thread had me grudgingly try it out.  Was able to make some decent chicken wings and found a tip to baking powder the skin lightly first.  Seemed to work well.  

I like these other ideas as I thought this was going to be a limited "corner dweller" until I had enough and moved it to the basement with the other "must have" gadgets. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• SODAKer

• UplandHntr

• GuyO

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Air Fried...Dry rubbed and bacon wrapped section of Venison Backstrap Loin. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I love my Instant Pot! Which also functions as a slow cocker got rid of 3 crock pots when I got it. I subscribe to the Alton Brown Method of not having specialized tools or gadgets.   An Air

The two girls bought us a Ninja Air Fryer for Christmas. They both have the same model and love it. They use it for almost every meal these days for one thing or another. Apparently it cuts time and r

Posted Images

salmontogue

A dusting of King Arthur cake flour or KA all purpose crisps nicely.

Perk

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, SelbyLowndes said:

Poor Emily, I bought her a Ninja last Christmas and she's burned everything she put in it.  I blame it on her life motto; "we don't need no stinkin' directions!"...SelbyLowndes

The directions indicate 390° (The highest temp my Ninja will go to) for a lot of food. Seems to hot. My daughters have had the same Ninja and recommend 375°, for most stuff and you need to shake any loose food like wings, vegetables etc every 5 minutes or so for an even crisp. And turn things like chicken thighs. I’m a novice at this but do pull the tray out a few times  while cooking to check and see if whatever is cooking is getting too “fried”.  I “winged” it with that venison meatloaf and just set it at 350° for 20 minutes, then added 5 more after checking to see if it was cooked through.

Brad Eden

E15C6202-F6E6-448D-BEFE-85AAD893D161.jpeg

“Grilled” cheddar cheese sandwich in the Air Fryer. Why not...

Butter bread, put cheese in between, place in air fryer. Set temp to 375°, timer to 5 minutes. Flip halfway through. Easy peasy and a lot less greasy.

Brad, me thinks you should start a You Tube series! “Brad’s tips and trick and recipes for successful air fryer cooking”!! You’ll become an internet sensation!🍗🥓👨‍🍳😁

Brad Eden

This evening....air fried Bacon wrapped Backstrap loin....stay tuned. 😋 

Brad Eden

957D98B3-2E84-411A-95FF-04618213C220.jpeg

Air Fried...Dry rubbed and bacon wrapped section of Venison Backstrap Loin. A picture is worth a thousand words.

UplandHntr

Made a quick french bread pepperoni pizza for dinner. 4 mins on air fry.

AF1D815C-46DC-4407-BEA9-D9E55DF14059.jpeg

Alaskan Swamp Collie

You have just convinced me to get one for our small camper. A microwave can only do so much. Also thinking this could be easily used in a motel room on hunting trips.

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, Alaskan Swamp Collie said:

You have just convinced me to get one for our small camper. A microwave can only do so much. Also thinking this could be easily used in a motel room on hunting trips.

Ours is a 4 quart Ninja brand. Its not huge but does take space up on our kitchen counter. If I was you I would look at a smaller 2 or 3 quart for camper/motel. Still large enough to air fry enough food for two people. Or more if cooked in shifts.

Fries and gravy for dinner tonight. 15 minutes. Now I see why the kid likes the air fryer, lol. 

Ben Hong
6 hours ago, SODAKer said:

Fries and gravy for dinner tonight. 15 minutes. Now I see why the kid likes the air fryer, lol. 

Find some cheese curds to add to the fries before you ladle on the gravy and PRESTO! you have jin oo wine Canuckian poutine!

Brad Eden

Maiden voyage with chicken wings tonite. Will report back.

We got our Ninja air fryer last week. We got the one a little bit bigger than Brads the 5.5 quart. Did the obligatory French fries to test first. Have done Chicken tenders. We did onion rigs yesterday.. I think Brad’s tip of not necessarily trusting recipe suggested temperatures and make adjustments.

Clueless1

You guys mentioning french fries.  Are you cutting potatoes and using them or buying frozen fries?