How can i make sure my posted pictures do not give my hunting spots away.

Simple.  Just don’t take pics where you’re hunting. If I do take a pic I might would post which is rare , it’s at home.  

Brad Eden
1 hour ago, mccuha said:

Simple.  Just don’t take pics where you’re hunting. If I do take a pic I might would post which is rare , it’s at home.  

That would sure make the Board in general and a lot of Discussions and Photo Essays on UJ a heck of a lot less interesting. Just follow the suggestions on the No Hot Spotting Topic so they remain general. 

Fishnfowler

For me it is easy, all my hunting places are burning to the ground, feel free to go there and walk around the ashes.  

IMG_20191228_103625125.jpg

munsterlander
2 hours ago, Fishnfowler said:

For me it is easy, all my hunting places are burning to the ground, feel free to go there and walk around the ashes.  

IMG_20191228_103625125.jpg

Same here... my upland spots are in North Central WA and many of them burned this year, others in past years.  They do come back, thankfully.  Last few years my hunting pants are often covered with charcoal from rubbing against burned brush.  

But looks like you got a couple!

Treerooster
On 12/31/2020 at 8:41 PM, spring said:

Hotspotting is all but foreign to me as most of us in the south hunt on private land, and those that do hunt public spots aren't really secret about it.  For some, how much of a problem is this? If you're on public land, in what ways is it helpful to be stealthy? Competitive to access good spots? Are there places really undiscovered? 

The closest around here I can think of is the competition to get to some spots in the morning on big lakes for duck hunting.

Just curious. 😀

A guy travels to a spot to turkey hunt. He has a good hunt a posts it on the internet. Other guys ask for more details. The original guy ain't going back there as be has had his fun in that area so he gives plenty of details about it for all to read and see. That guy has absolutely no concern for anyone that hunts the area regularly (like every season or maybe every 2 or 3 seasons) because he is done with the area. A few years go by and that spot is overrun with turkey hunters...I mean it is THICK with hunters. Not a good area to hunt anymore.

This has happened to too many spots I have had. I work hard to find good public areas and then some sockload hunts the same area, by chance, one year and blabs about it all over the net. Makes him feel important and knowledgeable I guess. When I see that it's a good bet I only have another season or two before the area is thick with hunters and the quality hunting will be gone. Seen it to many times over the years. Turkey, duck, quail etc.